Episode Four

Rate this topic

Guest Laurent.

Guest Laurent.

I think this one was better than episode three but I'm still waiting for the series to get better. It wasn't bad but it could have been much more. There wasn't much of a "WOW!" in the end of tonight's episode. It would have been easy to had a shot of someone in a dark basement molding new wax figurines... Night Stalker seems to try to leave the stories open-ended a la x-files but there is a little bit too much closure for me. And the closure for episode four was not very shocking.

By the way, do you think it was a tribute to Millennium that the profiler had the same type of vision as Frank Black. I know that in this case it was more like memories that the man was erasing and was trying to put together and not really visions but the cinematographic effect that was use was really similar to the violent and distorted flashes that were present in Millennium.

I don't know if anyone will agree but the song used at the end of each episode are starting to get on my nerves. It's not like they're really well used (except for the one in Five People You'll Meet in Hell, the song used in the closing act was terrific and really enhanced the moment). At least they're not using ultra-popular songs.

But don't get me wrong, the episode was still fairly good. I'm starting to like Kolchak a lot. He seeks for the truth no matter the consequences on his, or other's, life and he's not in it for the fame. Reminds me of Mr. Mulder & and Mr. Black, hehe. Finally, Phillip Glass' theme is reaaaaally great... I don't know him but it's too bad he's not the composer for the show.

Can't wait for the halloween's episode :halloween1: the teaser was amazing

BEER---> Last night's ep was better than the previous ep. Yup, it smacked of MillenniuM, with the 'visions' from not one but two characters.

But what really caught my eye was the preview for next week.

Spoiler below.

I swear I saw Brittany Tiplady in the background. Anybody else notice.

BELCH

Guest Kolchak
BEER---> Last night's ep was better than the previous ep. Yup, it smacked of MillenniuM, with the 'visions' from not one but two characters.

But what really caught my eye was the preview for next week.

Spoiler below.

I swear I saw Brittany Tiplady in the background. Anybody else notice.

BELCH

I totally thought of Millennium when I saw those fashes as well. Also loved the teaser for the Halloween episode. I hadn't noticed Brittany Tiplady. I will have to watch it again.

One thing about episdode 4 that bothered me. Do you think the original Kolchak would let the wrong man take the fall for the murders? I know he isn't totally inocent, as they caught him placing a figure in someone's car, but he didn't commit those other murders.

I totally thought of Millennium when I saw those fashes as well. Also loved the teaser for the Halloween episode. I hadn't noticed Brittany Tiplady. I will have to watch it again.

One thing about episdode 4 that bothered me. Do you think the original Kolchak would let the wrong man take the fall for the murders? I know he isn't totally inocent, as they caught him placing a figure in someone's car, but he didn't commit those other murders.

Joe my friend, you beat me to the punch, i as well saw Paul Dillon (The Frenchman) in the previews for next week..who can forget that upclose psycho look. He looked in one shot exactly as he did in the Pilot..i will agree, the series is getting progressively better, hopefully it will continue in that direction.

The one thing that has really caught my eye is the cinematography. The office shots, at night, with the streaming freeway traffic in the background is stellar, but the one scene that i thought was extremely well done was during a close up of Kolchak's face, with the blurred headlights of cars on the freeway below in the background..what a great shot.

I did not notice Brittany either, hey, the more the merrier...

The Fourth Horseman

Guest Frank L.

I think this was a great episode. Nice twists, and like you said Fourth Horseman, great cinematography. The scene in the hallway with Kolchak and Panero walking towards the storage locker, is fantastic. Really stylish. The episode was directed by Tony Wharmby, who also directed X-Files episodes like: Via Negativa, DeadAlive and Three Words.

I heard the fifth episode was the best yet, so I hope I can see that one soon.