Obituary

Rate this topic

Skull and Bones...Frank is thumbing thru the obituaries that McClaren has just given him. The 2nd one shows a picture of a woman, Cynthia Paggett, age 35. However, the entire obit never mentions her name, it is an obit for Cheryl Andrews...some quotes:

"Andrew's brother Robert said that his sister had ben fighting the mysterious illness for many months and with no cure in sight, had simply come home to die"

"Cheryl Andrews was the youngest child of longtime Omaha residents Martha and Stewart Andrews. She was born in Omaha Community Hospital on March 3, 19xx and went to school at John Berry Elememtary."

"She wanted her last days to be happy and peaceful and that meant coming home to the place that she loved the most and surrounding herself with family. She was an inspiration to us all and she will be dearly missed."

so, how does this tie in with Frank's assumption that the group killed her, and also how does it fit in with the execution scene on the stairway?

Interesting that Andrew's obit would wind up under the picture of Cynthia Paggett...

The Fourth Horseman...

post-1098-1129993926_thumb.jpg

• Elders (Admins)

Nice find! I haven't seen the episode for some time but I would have thought that it could have been placed my the Millennium Group as false information, but her family would surely have been suspicious? Also, I'm not sure where the photo comes in unless it was justa fake one, but why put a fake photo in and then mention her by name? So many riddles...

I couldn't figure out how best to start this posting so I'm giving you both starting options...

OPTION 1

What you want to confirm they will deny. What you want to find they will hide. You are on a path that has no beginning, no middle and no end, because it is a matter of faith. Maybe that is what you need to find.

- Elder, The Hand of St. Sebastien

Heretic! Heretic!

OPTION 2

How is it decided who lives and who dies? Maybe, individually, we are allotted only so many days of life. Maybe, as a whole, mankind is only allotted so many days of life. So you see, in what appears to be the plan for mankind the death of one individual is absolutely inconsequential. The Millennium Group is not concerned with any single individual life. Do you see where I am going with this?

- Mr. Lott, The Time is Now

You really do want Mabius to drop by to your place tonight. So, how is it decided ... :eyes:

Screenshot075.jpg

I hate to say this Fourth Horseman, but you just dug up your own skeleton buried under a road with no name! I don't think any of us were meant to see that.

:nahah:

I would think that, at the time Millennium was produced, there was no thought at all given to the kind of technology that would eventually be born could capture a single frame and display it for the length of time required to read it. This is either a case of prop sloppiness or a case of a last minute change in scripting that impacted on the prop department in such a way that nobody had the time necessary to change the obituary from Cheryl Andrews' obit to Cynthia Paggett's.

As The Old Man says, "nice find."

Screenshot058.jpg

Nice find! I haven't seen the episode for some time but I would have thought that it could have been placed my the Millennium Group as false information, but her family would surely have been suspicious? Also, I'm not sure where the photo comes in unless it was justa fake one, but why put a fake photo in and then mention her by name? So many riddles...
Maxx...gosh, i make an innocent observation (and i have another at the end of this post :clapping::cry::kickin: ) and all of a sudden i have to fight off the forces of evil. After a week of graveyard, i sure as hell feel like that skull that Hollis is holding in her hand, i'll tell you that :down: . Thanks to Chrisnu for the screenshots. If i remember right, at the end of the first season compilation, when Chris Carter is being interview in the "extras" i believe he says that liscense plates ,addresses, all have a possibly significant aspect to the show. Thats what makes me pay more attention than usual..

anyway, in closing, two things..

1. Why is the obit immediately after Paggett's written in either spanish or italian but the headline is in english?

2. I have asked this question before, but in Seven and One, when Jordan blows the trick candles out a 2nd time, Frank has one of his vision things, and sees the clock stop at 3:07 or 3:08...now, we know that there is a reason it stopped at that particular time. I have looked up biblical references with no luck. Does anyone have an explanation? Perhaps its a quatraine, or some other reference...

The Fourth Horseman...

• Elders (Moderators)
I have asked this question before, but in Seven and One, when Jordan blows the trick candles out a 2nd time, Frank has one of his vision things, and sees the clock stop at 3:07 or 3:08...now, we know that there is a reason it stopped at that particular time. I have looked up biblical references with no luck. Does anyone have an explanation? Perhaps its a quatraine, or some other reference...

Yep, that one's been bugging me for ages.. maybe it really refers to a quatrain like you said. Any Nostradamus Nutballs around here? :eyes:

• 4 years later...

Hi folks,

Just seen the 3:07/3:08 thing as mentioned above. Must have missed this the first time around. It's stated in the script that a period of seven and one years is the duration of the trials and tribulations experienced by prophets and visionaries. In this context it alludes to the period of time that the Legion entity has had the Black family in its sights from the point of Jordan's birth onwards. The significance of her birthday is that this period is now drawing to close which prompts Mabius to mount one final confrontation with its nemesis before the period of allotted peace starts. It is asserted in the bible that Satan was loosed from his bonds for an allotted period of time and I believe the writers here were appropriating that idea by suggesting that Legion that did not have an indefinite period in which to clench a deal with Frank. So the clock pausing between the seven and the eight is symbolic of this pivotal moment as Frank is literally poised at a moment between the beginning or the end.

And you are so right about TV not being made for frame by frame viewing. I know a recent episode of Doctor Who caused much debate when a character's NHS identification badge gave the date at which he became a nurse long before he would have been old enough to do the necessary training. This being a time travel show, people were sure and certain there had to be some wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey reason for this. The wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey reason was the props department were in the habit of using any NHS they could lay their hands on not realising the change HDTV would require a level of attention to detail they were not accustomed to. I doubt they will make the same mistake again.

Eth

Oh how I love the study of numbers.

Biblically speaking, 1000 is the number of uncertain infinity, repetition. "One day is with the Lord as a thousand years,and a thousand yars as one day." (2 Peter) There is no allotted time for Satan being loose or bound except whether each individual of mankind has him under their feet or not. Also, as an added thought, each "day" of creation could very well be 1000 years, or more.

As far as the 3:07/3:08, I can only break down the numbers. 3 is the number for deity, triune God and 3-fold blessing, and in folklore it is considered mystical. 7 is the number of perfection, the turning point to look within, whereas 8 is the number of the order of new things to come, beyond perfection.

What is interesting is when you reduce the name "Jesus Christ" to numbers it totals 888, which is the divine order of new things.

Maybe Frank saw both times, and new there was going to be a transition, especially concerning Jordan since it was her birthday.

Seeing the episodes by frames really is fun because you never know what you missed before and what you're going to see next. :swingin::ouroborous: