Something To Ponder And Think About

I know that Spotnitz Series Night Stalker is low in viewership and ratings. I had read that it will most likely not get cancelled due to ABC thinking they could still do well with the show on i-pod and when it will be released in Europe. If Spotnitz gets this much notice with Night Stalker, i wonder if he may want to tackle a new MM series. If Chris Carter is way too busy why not Spotnitz? Anyone here thinks he could take over the reigns and do a good job? With Night Stalker he seems to have a few old MM/X-Files people at the helm. Wouldnt it be cool? What do you all think?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Frank L.

I think it's a great idea! If there's one man who can do it, besides Chris Carter, it's Frank Spotnitz. I've always loved his work.

I know that Spotnitz Series Night Stalker is low in viewership and ratings. I had read that it will most likely not get cancelled due to ABC thinking they could still do well with the show on i-pod and when it will be released in Europe. If Spotnitz gets this much notice with Night Stalker, i wonder if he may want to tackle a new MM series. If Chris Carter is way too busy why not Spotnitz? Anyone here thinks he could take over the reigns and do a good job? With Night Stalker he seems to have a few old MM/X-Files people at the helm. Wouldnt it be cool? What do you all think?
Joe...we can all keep our fingers crossed. I would hope that the re-emergence of MillenniuM lies not only with Carter and Lance, but with those who contributed in many ways to the show. I still believe that the network execs would be more open to Carter than Spotnitz based soley on Carter's track record of x-files and MillenniuM..I think that Carter would drop whatever he is currently working on if he got a call today with the go-ahead for a MillenniuM movie or series...its what he has been clamoring for since its cancellation...

The Fourth Horseman

"And behold, a pale horse, and he who sat on it, his name was Death. Hades followed with him. Authority over one fourth of the earth, to kill with the sword, with famine, with death, and by the wild animals of the earth was given to him." REV 6:8

fourthhorsemananimatedsigna3rr.gif

Guest Frank L.

I read somewhere, and I don't know if it's true, that a guy from FOX didn't like Chris Carter and his shows, and he was the main drive behind the cancellation of at least one CC show. I think he was fired shortly after that. Anybody heard of this?

Guest chrisnu

Spotnitz was not that creatively involved with Millennium; I don't think he'd be the best creative fit for its return. I also do not want Millennium to return as a television series. If the opportunity to start afresh arose, I hope that the limitations of network television would be chosen. Not only in the type of forbidden content that the show wanted to delve into, but the necessity to produce a large number of episodes within a short timeframe. Those type of constraints stifle creativity, rather than stimulate it. That's how episodes like "Siren" and "Matryoshka" happen; they are rushed, incoherent messes, that don't know what they want to be about. If the opportunity to revisit the character of Frank Black was presented, I'd definitely want a feature film, with the necessary time taken to write an excellent script, and have an excellent shoot.

Spotnitz was not that creatively involved with Millennium; I don't think he'd be the best creative fit for its return. I also do not want Millennium to return as a television series. If the opportunity to start afresh arose, I hope that the limitations of network television would be chosen. Not only in the type of forbidden content that the show wanted to delve into, but the necessity to produce a large number of episodes within a short timeframe. Those type of constraints stifle creativity, rather than stimulate it. That's how episodes like "Siren" and "Matryoshka" happen; they are rushed, incoherent messes, that don't know what they want to be about. If the opportunity to revisit the character of Frank Black was presented, I'd definitely want a feature film, with the necessary time taken to write an excellent script, and have an excellent shoot.
Chrisnu...who would you like to see brought back for a movie, and do you think all of the loose ends could be tied up sufficiently?...what about Peter, is he dead? Laura? is she dead?....and how would you settle the issue of Lucy...i agree, a series isnt the right way to go about it, and i dont think that either Carter or Lance ever mentioned anything else but a feature length motion picture...

The Fourth Horseman.

"And behold, a pale horse, and he who sat on it, his name was Death. Hades followed with him. Authority over one fourth of the earth, to kill with the sword, with famine, with death, and by the wild animals of the earth was given to him." REV 6:8

i have always heard about Chris and Lance wanting to do a MOVIE but i always hear rumors of a TV show
personally, i dont see how even a two hour movie is going to answer all the questions we have...issues of Peter, Laura are inconsequential in relationship to the Lucy Butler/Frank Black enigma. This has been ongoing since Lamentations, and i think we have all enjoyed the sporadic appearances instead of her character appearing nearly weekly. Giving us a little at a time is a great way to build up the anticipation. Heck, you could even devote an entire 2 hour movie just to those two!!!. We are kind of stuck in the middle...not enough fodder for a series, too much for just two hours...do you focus on Frank and Jordan? Frank only? Frank and Lucy? how big of a role would Peter have if he was brought back, or Laura? it has never been proved conclusively that either of them died. Personally, i would love to see Frank and Peter reunite, i never liked them being put at odds with each other in season 3, especially after the close friendship they shared.

The Fourth Horseman