Matryoshka

Rate this topic

vain68

Good day [or night] MM peepz,

I watched the above episode last evening going through my SIII progressions. One thing I noticed, perhaps inadvertendly, is the cemetary in which Lanyard is buried is the same one featured in MNOC....the same lake behind the cemetary...anyone know where in Vancouver this cemetary is, or what lake that is behind it? (See Chrisnu's captures for a beautiful capture of this). Further, I was curious about relevant commentary regarding this episode, as it seems to bring SII full force into the identity of SIII; perhaps the beginning of the end of the series, as Watts lays the seeds with Hollis.

Thoughts, commentary please

V>

• 4 years later...

The directors know how to get good camera angles so nit-pickers like me can't differentiate!

The Closure cemetary looks more wooded and foggy. I was not able to get enough views to connect it to the cemetary in Fourth Horseman.

However (and I realize all cemetaries have certain similarities!) The fourth horseman one and the Weeds one look more similar to each other.

In addition, the cemetary in "The Blessing Way" had some open space in the background that could be the lake from the fourth horseman.

Gotta love those camera angles!

I do hope we are going to get that location from you one day. You have a far better eye than I do. I wouldn't know if the cemeteries used in the various shows were one and the same even if a huge arrow pointed me to that fact.

Eth

My book on X-Files shooting locations has no entry for the cemetary used in Bill Mulder's funeral. Thanks for the kind words, but truth be told, I almost always miss those secret details the first time around. I'm embassased to say that I missed the whole "Bad Wolf" clue thing until the actual Bad Wolf episode in Doctor Who!

Finding myself pulling a "Donnie Pfaster," as I am now scanning episodes and screencaps of episodes that have cemetaries.

The cemetary in the X-Files pilot episode is not even a cemetary. It is Queen Elizabeth park, a public park in Vancouver City. Can I mention those camera angles again ?! My book of reference mentioned that they used this location for 19 cemetary scenes, so I wonder if they used it for Millennium as well. This may be the case, in that for the X-Files epidode "Unruhe," they used North Vancouver Cemetary. However, they got into some trouble with some upset family members and the result was the city voting on a ordinance to no longer film in that location. Being that this would have been around the time of the beginning of Millennium, they probably did not use that location. The graveyard in the X-Files episode "Bad Blood," looking more stereotypically creepy than most, was also a created scene.

Getting back to the Fouth horseman location, there seem to be a lot of gravestones, but no large crypt-like structures. However, I can not help but to wonder if they were all props, given the somewhat common cemetary scenery for the 2 shows.

Wow, I think I just became a roving, freelance cemetary profiler!

• 3 years later...
Guest Ebdim9th

I noticed that Natalie was looking at a computer monitor with a fetus on it that had a display of vertical green figures running down along side of it in the way that the Matrix made so popular. Only in checking on IMDB I found that the Matrix was released a month after Matryoshka. Could it be a coincidental case of 'great minds thinking alike'? Also, Frank said to Emma that Alexander wasn't listed on the Venona KGB cables, but he wouldn't know that, because, even as of recently, as far as names and identities are concerned many of the cables haven't been decrypted yet. It's a long and laborious process apparently... Or I should say, he might have to assume he didn't know, as there are a lot of names already decrypted, but many more that were not, and at that time he just wouldn't have enough information to go on.