Doctor Who

wolvesevolve

So? The Doctor, dare I say, is very much an integral part of British pop culture....yet no one's mentioned it here yet!

Doctor Who has always been such a unique and iconic series, something that's part of my childhood watching the show with my family on PBS in the U.S. ...needless to say when word got out of the show's relaunch this year on the BBC, I was really excited! Too bad it won't air in the U.S. anytime soon...but still, there will be DVD's.....and there's bittorrent...

A ladyfriend of mine had downloaded the new series and I got to see the first two episodes over the summer (not bad I thought)...and the other day I downloaded a few more episodes myself! The Dickens episode was very good...and everything else I've seen has been fantastic to decently good! And Billie Piper...she's a daaaamn fine companion! :kissypoo:

What sez the rest of you that have also d/l'ed the new series or are able to watch it on the telly?

joys are often the shadows cast by sorrows...

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Elders (Admins)

Aha! Dr Who. I dipped in and out of the new series but I loved the Dalek episodes as they have always been my favourites. The Tom Baker and Jon Pertwee eras were my personal favourite, possibly even Peter Davidson, before they added the unnecessary comic touch that killed it in my humble opinion. A few years ago I used to enjoy Sunday mornings watching the omnibus editions of Dr Who (again the Tom Baker and Jon Pertwee eras were my personal favourite). No finer Sunday morning was to be had.

My fav villains:

• The Daleks (brilliant, it was the merciless deaths that looked like they really hurt before you finally died that scared me most!)
  • The Cybermen - what can you say!
  • Those guys with the big heads like potatoes! LOL! Sontarans?

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • Need help? For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

• Elders (Admins)

Cool!

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • Need help? For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

The Third Doctor is my favorite Doctor. I'm a major DW fan. A friend sent me teh first seven epsidoes of the new series (six more on the way soon). I watched the first five episodes and enjoyed them. the old DW magic was back.

The Third Doctor is my favorite Doctor. I'm a major DW fan. A friend sent me the first seven epsidoes of the new series (six more on the way soon). I watched the first five episodes and enjoyed them. the old DW magic was back.

"Don't tug on that, you never know what it might be attached to. "- Buckaroo Banzai

"There are no answers- only choices."

Yes, I am a Dr. Who enthusiast! I have already purchased the entire new series on DVD. I got absolute chills when I heard the music once again! I get chills everytime I hear it. I can't believe it is back on the air and going strong!

I thought Eccelston made a great Doctor, and Billie Piper did a fantastic job of being his assistant. I hope she stays on through the next series with the new Doctor.

I loved being able to see the new series after having lived in the UK for a year and a half. I appreciated much of it so much more than I would have otherwise. For instance, I love, during the Dickens episode, when they arrive in the past, Doctor says to Rose something along the line, "Well, we are in the 1800's, but we're in Cardiff." And then the look on Rose's face! LOLOLOL

"Every painful moment in your life casts a shadow across your neurobiology. Until you exterminate these dark memories, you will remain in a negative groove. Thus, those who cannot forget their past, are condemned to repeat it." -- J. Onan Goopta

Yes, I am a Dr. Who enthusiast! I have already purchased the entire new series on DVD. I got absolute chills when I heard the music once again! I get chills everytime I hear it. I can't believe it is back on the air and going strong!

I thought Eccelston made a great Doctor, and Billie Piper did a fantastic job of being his assistant. I hope she stays on through the next series with the new Doctor.

I loved being able to see the new series after having lived in the UK for a year and a half. I appreciated much of it so much more than I would have otherwise. For instance, I love, during the Dickens episode, when they arrive in the past, Doctor says to Rose something along the line, "Well, we are in the 1800's, but we're in Cardiff." And then the look on Rose's face! LOLOLOL

Ahhhh....if only there were a way to tape things over there, and ship them overseas...! *sigh* :praying:

(I'd be bugging you for copies! heeheehee :devil: )

I started with John Pertwee [?] but Tom Baker is THE Dr for me. I even have a scarf and a hat and when I was younger had lots of curly hair so I would always go as the Dr for halloween. I also liked Peter Davidson. I would love to see the new Drs but no such luck yet. Trying to get my friend in Canada to tape them if they rerun the newest ones.

I have the Dr sound waves for my computer. For my startup I use the sound of the TARDIS; For my closedown I use ' Do you mind not farting while I'm saving the world' [new Dr. but don't know his name] and when I empty my recycle bin the Daleks scream ' TERMINATE, TERMINATE' . :clapping:

you can pick your friends... you can pick your nose .... but you can NEVER pick your friend's nose !!

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT!

Well the Cardiff joke is funny because they actually filmed the new series in Cardiff.

I got episodes through a friend in the USA (still wiating for the last six episodes to be sent to me since they're ready).

"Don't tug on that, you never know what it might be attached to. "- Buckaroo Banzai

"There are no answers- only choices."

Pertwee has always been my favorite Doctor, probably because his episodes aired during my youngest years watching television, but he was also a superb actor. But Tom Baker is almost as much a favorite as well.

Must say the new series is very impressive! I've now seen everything except the last two episodes and the writing is fantastic. I love the wittiness, the chemistry of the actors, special effects, design, and cohesive storyline. Too bad Eccellson (sp?) only signed on for one season...the series really had some heart that I hope will continue with a new Doctor. I can't wait to get my hands on th DVD collection coming out soon!

Too bad it'll be out in the UK long before the Canadian/North American release...grr.

joys are often the shadows cast by sorrows...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines