New Night Stalker Series

Rate this topic

Guest Frank L.

Guest Frank L.

I love the new series. I will watch it as long as it's on, but I don't know how long that will be.

Thursdaynight Night Stalker is competing with the most-watched shows at the moment. No new show will survive that. Even The X-Files ratings were pretty bad when the episodes first aired. Only in the reruns the ratings began to climb.

The Night Stalker episodes I've seen are good, but could be even better. I hope Spotnitz & Co come up with something special and exciting, so the show can at least last as long as the original Night Stalker series did (20 episodes).

i think 13 epi. has only been issued. I think the show started out on a bad foot but lately its been getting good. I believe this weeks epi will have Brittany Tiplady and the actor that played Frenchman. Like i said on another post the show is coming in Third on Thursday night. I wish it was moved to another night to get away from CSI

Guest Frank L.

Yes, you're absolutely right. How can Night Stalker compete with CSI?

I can't wait to see an older Brittany Tiplady and the actor that played The Frenchman. I'm looking forward to seeing that ep!

Yes, you're absolutely right. How can Night Stalker compete with CSI?

I can't wait to see an older Brittany Tiplady and the actor that played The Frenchman. I'm looking forward to seeing that ep!

Yeah, i saw Paul Dillon in the previews from last week, it will be good to see him again. As for Brittany, i didnt see her, hopefully you are right. But as the legion of MillenniuM actors make their way back to network tv, it is a fine edge they walk. If Night Stalker fails, and with MillenniuM only lasting 3 seasons, it could put a further damper on any project to bring MNM back. Associations with failed series is most certainly a red flag when it comes to studio execs considering whether or not to throw a bankroll at something new...the only thing holding this show back from being a success is the day and night difference between the new Kolchak and the old one. If Stewart Townsend had half the personality of Darrin McGavin, it would be a quantified success...

The Fourth Horseman...

yeah Stuart Townsend isnt my 1st choice, someone that does come to mind is like a Vince Vaughn, not sure if he would do TV. Anyone else have thoughts about who would be a better Kolchak?
I would have brought back Darrin McGavin as the father, not with every episode mind you, but those really difficult cases that are hard to crack, it would have been great to see Jr. over at dad's house, getting helpful hints, etc..the father, mentoring his son in the ways of evil..that would have lent a nice connection to the origional, and hell, he could have gone out on a few missions with Jr. as well...

Guest Frank L.

I just struck me that Frank Spotnitz only wrote the pilot to this point. On TV.com I saw he also wrote episode 6. That's not much for the creator of the series. From the first 10 X-Files episodes, Chris Carter wrote 5 of them.