Bleak House

Guest Frank L.

Guest Frank L.

The production of Charles Dickens' novel starts tonight at BBC1. Will you watch it? It's got Gillian Anderson. :pumpkin4: I got my VCR all set and ready to go! :swingin:

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Elders (Admins)

I knew this was on! But I got distracted and only remembered about half way through.

Anyway, I was only going to watch with the sound turned down, except for when Gillian was on, because I think she's an amazing actress. I don't actually want to watch the episodes for themselves. I read Bleak House way too young - I think I was about 8 or 9 years old - which is probably the worst age to read a book like that. *shudder*

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

• Elders (Admins)

Nuts I saw that it was on whilst I was watching the Bill! I didn't realise it had Gillian Anderson in.

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • Need help? For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

I only realized it was Ms. Anderson tonight as I watched it! And it was great to see her in action again. She was fantastic. The entire production is fantastic! It is very dark, very believeable, very intense.

"Every painful moment in your life casts a shadow across your neurobiology. Until you exterminate these dark memories, you will remain in a negative groove. Thus, those who cannot forget their past, are condemned to repeat it." -- J. Onan Goopta

Guest Frank L.
Good to hear she's doing well!

Yes! And now, Gillian, please go to America, to FOX, do whatever you have to do :roedecker: and let them sign some papers for the second X-Files movie!!!

And before you start on it, lose your English accent. :tongue: Scully with a London accent would be funny though:

"Well, that just effing marvelous, isn't it, Mulder. I told you that the bloody truth was out there. Oh, Blimey. Bollocks, now I have to go to the lavvy..." :rofl:

• Elders (Admins)

From the BBC website: https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/t...dio/4384848.stm

6.6 million viewers, 28.9% audience share.

From one review: "Gillian Anderson was handsomely imperious as Lady Dedlock, her erect posture vying with her frock for creaking stiffness."

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

• Elders (Admins)

LOL! More tea Vicar? :tongue:

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • Need help? For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

And before you start on it, lose your English accent. :tongue: Scully with a London accent would be funny though:

"Well, that just effing marvelous, isn't it, Mulder. I told you that the bloody truth was out there. Oh, Blimey. Bollocks, now I have to go to the lavvy..." :rofl:

:rofl::wtf::pumpkin4::signlol::c_laugh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines