How Would It End

What would YOU do  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As expected, i screwed this up. I thought the script would wrap-around and i cant find an edit for the poll, so the origional question is "which one (1) topic do you feel is essential in bringing "closure" to MillenniuM. If there are other topics you think are important, speak up. This is my first attempt at a poll, so if it isnt up to par with some of the others, i did my best..Is it possible, in a 2 hour segment of time, to effectively close out MillenniuM? How would you approach the situation, how would you incorporate the important parts, each a sum of the total, and come up with a cohesive, intelligent movie?

Heres my take on the issue. First and foremost, remember, you will NEVER please everyone. There will be some who think the Frank/Jordan relationship is the most important. There are those who would like to see some kind of closure between Frank and Lucy, although in Antipas, even after being hit by the car as the long haired man, Frank tells Hollis that "she will never die". Then there are some who would like to see the questions of what happened to Peter and Laura answered. My feelings are you have to bring back Giebelhouse, his character to me is a link to the history of the show, and fortunately the character is one that does not affect the show one way or another. I just would like to see the link to the past, plus Geibs is such a big loveable kind of guy.

Jordan would be about 15-16 now, feeling peer pressures at school, feeling the hormones that will dictate her future as a woman. Could there be a conflict between her and her father effectively written into the movie? What about her powers? How would she, a teenager, handle thinking about such things as sports, friends, boys, knowing that she carried this particular gift. Her blind devotion to her father as a child would now be strained by the pangs of teenageism..Would she be as "different" as Frank? as distant? Would her friends sense the difference and begin to ostracize and isolate her?

There is so much to answer, and so little time...

The Fourth Horseman.

The Fourth Horseman...

"And behold, a pale horse, and he who sat on it, his name was Death. Hades followed with him. Authority over one fourth of the earth, to kill with the sword, with famine, with death, and by the wild animals of the earth was given to him." REV 6:8

fourthhorsemananimatedsigna3rr.gif

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Elders (Admins)

I've gone for the Frank/Jordan relationship, not just because that could involve all the other aspects, but because that's where the show was heading anyway. Although I'm also influenced by the most excellent Millennium Apocalypse.

Don't worry about "screwing it up" 4H. We all do that at least once here - consider it a rite of passage or something. :kissypoo:

If you can't edit it yourself, suggest a shorter version and I could see if I can edit for you.

It's a good poll anyway, even if we have to scroll a bit to see everything.

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

• Elders (Admins)

Hi,

You just discovered a bug which I'm going to report!

If you click on Edit (Full Edit) you can click on the link to manage this topics poll. You should be able to change things there or if you get stuck an Elder can take care of it for you.

Meanwhile I'm off to vote!

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • Need help? For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

My vote would actually be for "all of the above." I think any real MillenniuM series finale would have to some how find a way to incorporate all of the above vote choices. My only addition would be that it not just be a "Lucy/Frank" confrontation but a Legion/Frank confrontation through the Sergei Steponovich (aka Yaponchik) character. I would also add that the "reunion" would have to be one of tension, mixed feelings, and distrust between these characters. If all those people were reunited and became friends again, it would just not be in the spirit of MLM. Most good MLM episodes end in unresolved situations and relationships. It would just be unrealistic and unbelieveable if all these characters were reunited as friends, etc. 4H probably did not mean a "happily ever after" reunion anyway. He probably meant that just them all being together again on the screen, etc. If that is what you meant, 4H, then I will whole-heartedly include the "reunion" scenario in on the "all of the above", option that I have brought up.

"Every painful moment in your life casts a shadow across your neurobiology. Until you exterminate these dark memories, you will remain in a negative groove. Thus, those who cannot forget their past, are condemned to repeat it." -- J. Onan Goopta

My vote would actually be for "all of the above." I think any real MillenniuM series finale would have to some how find a way to incorporate all of the above vote choices. My only addition would be that it not just be a "Lucy/Frank" confrontation but a Legion/Frank confrontation through the Sergei Steponovich (aka Yaponchik) character. I would also add that the "reunion" would have to be one of tension, mixed feelings, and distrust between these characters. If all those people were reunited and became friends again, it would just not be in the spirit of MLM. Most good MLM episodes end in unresolved situations and relationships. It would just be unrealistic and unbelieveable if all these characters were reunited as friends, etc. 4H probably did not mean a "happily ever after" reunion anyway. He probably meant that just them all being together again on the screen, etc. If that is what you meant, 4H, then I will whole-heartedly include the "reunion" scenario in on the "all of the above", option that I have brought up.
Again, i apologize for the disorder of my first post. Self, i was actually going to PM you for advice in how to set this thing up, and get input from you, but i thought i would first see if i could do it myself..as you see, the resulting train wreck loses its seriousness.

Thanks for adding Yaponchik, i forgot about him :embarassed: . Gee, another road to travel down...

"And behold, a pale horse, and he who sat on it, his name was Death. Hades followed with him. Authority over one fourth of the earth, to kill with the sword, with famine, with death, and by the wild animals of the earth was given to him." REV 6:8

Before I answer this one can I ask for a clarification? Are we assuming the greenlight is given for one movie and only one movie or with options to produce more if the movie is a success at the box-office?

Maxx

(My signature could be a dead give-away on this though... :bigsmile: )

Visit Maxx's Blog - The New Millennium: The Time is Now - for the newest ideas to come from the mind of Maxx Blackwell.

gallery_1248_65_32681.jpg

"THE ANTICHRIST DOES NOT COME AFTER A THOUSAND YEARS HAVE PASSED. WHEN THE THOUSAND YEARS HAVE PASSED, THE REIGN OF THE JUST BEGINS; THEN COMES THE ANTICHRIST, TO CONFOUND THE JUST, AND THEN COMES THE FINAL BATTLE..."

- Alinardo of Grottaferrata, December 1323 (The Name of the Rose, Umberto Eco)

Before I answer this one can I ask for a clarification? Are we assuming the greenlight is given for one movie and only one movie or with options to produce more if the movie is a success at the box-office?

Maxx

(My signature could be a dead give-away on this though... :bigsmile: )

Since i seem to be playing the role of a big wig Fox executive :notworthy: LOL...i would say...if the first movie is successful, (doesn't have to be a blockbuster mind you, but more than 50 people need to go see it), then options would be exercised on future projects...i see where you are going, compartmentalizing is hard to do in two hours..thats why i put the restraints of time on it so only those issues that would pique the greatest interest would be addressed. Future projects need not be so successful, but can be used as vehicles to address lesser issues...

so? What say you Maxx Blackwell?

Frank vs millennium group most definitely, the 2nd season ethos featuring frank vs the group and the group being revealed as not quite as benevolent as first thought made for the whole season being good i thought, so that is my vote, and i was reading old man's post, its about time someone reports you 4th, youve been running around unchecked for too long and need to be stopped...old man prosecute 4th to the fullest extent of the law..lol.....another great post 4th, good thread as usual.

"Have I run too far to get home?"

I wholeheartedly agree with you. (big surprise there, huh? LOL) "All of the above" would be the best choice, but I chose the conflict between Frank and the Group, since that was an issue going on at the end of the 3rd season, which seemed like it was supposed to be dealt with in the 3rd season. The X-Files answer to these questions was.....not satisfactory, to say the least. LOL

"Yes, yes, I lied. I'm a writer - I give the truth scope!"

- Geoffrey Chaucer, A Knight's Tale

See it's a tough call here. While I can guarantee you 50 butts in seats as long as you don't send it straight to DVD lets assume that there's a chance we'll only get one kick at the can. And that if the movie does well there will options for further sequels. So we have to bring things to a close with in a manner that leaves the viewer satisfied without terminating the possibility of further work or needing to pull a rabbit out of your ass to carry on with a sequel. eg. Don't pull a Marburg!

The relationship with Frank and Jordan is a key issue.

The fate of Lara Means and Peter Watts is also a key issue.

The Frank / Legion angle could be explored more but lets face it - Frank's not going to take out Legion and Legion could take out Frank twice as easily.

Resolving the Millennium Group enigma I think would be the direction I would take. There's an evolution of evil that takes place over the three seasons that seems to infect the Group. While it's conceivable that they got progressively worse think of it as being more compartmentalized. The FBI, the police all see the Millennium Group like they were in first season - even in third season. Frank and Peter are our windows into the Group. They seem to get progressively more evil because Frank digs deeper and deeper into the Group machinations. They also seem to get progressively more evil because Peter becomes more and more priviledged within the group and hence gets closer to the heart of the Group - it's heart of darkness. It appears in the third season that perhaps Legion has infiltrated the Group so perhaps it is just more evil.

I think this needs to be explored thoroughly and resolved. Frank's relationship with Jordan can be explored more. Perhaps in a way this is where our story arc goes. We know that the Group is interested in Frank, but we also know they're interested in Jordan as well. Perhaps the Group goes after Jordan - she's in her mid teens now so her ability is likely manifesting more powerfully now that she's gone through puberty and the Group would want to control that. If Mabius is Legion then he'll want to eliminate that threat by either controlling it or terminating it.

I would make the setting for this story Seattle. Frank and Jordan move there after Frank leaves the FBI. This would make it possible for Geibelhouse to easily be included. The FBI would become involved in the investigation however with Hollis now head of the FBI and a Millennium Group member Frank rejects the assistance. In this battle to get back Jordan, Frank will not be able to do it alone. I would propose that Lara comes back from the brink of insanity, assisted by her angel, and seeks out Frank to assist him in his time of need. Together they seek out Peter, perhaps based on some clue he leaves Frank in the package with the files at the end of Season 3. Peter eats some crow and with Frank's assistance they bring on board Roedecker. If it fits, perhaps there's an association now with Roedecker and the Lone Gunmen. Together they strike at the heart of darkness within the Group, seeking to remove it like a cancer and save Jordan. And what will enable them to achieve this goal? The Cross of the Crucifiction. If we wish to redeem Hollis it may fall to her to acquire the cross and deliver it into Frank's hands. This is a double-edged sword of course. The Group will stop at nothing to retrieve it, especially with Mabius/Legion in the mix. Hollis would likely find herself with a bullet in the head and buried under her own stretch of paved road with no name after such a betrayal of the Group. Or we could play the Hollis card the other way, swinging fully to the dark side, no longer a pawn of the Group but the Emporer's right hand, a Darth Vader in her own right. I figure that Mabius/Legion may have killed The Old Man who took over when the last Old Man was buried but the secret of the Cross was not revealed before his death so Mabius would be taken by surprise with it.

With the Cross of the Crucifiction in their hands Frank's assembled group would be unstoppable. The Group's first strike would be an all-out assault resulting in the death of all those who went against Frank's allies. This is how Mabius would find oout about the Cross. After this defeat Mabius would not send people directly against them but rather strike at them through their friends and family. Jordan may become a bargaining chip - return of the Cross for the return of Jordan. But the Cross would need to be written out of the story. It's too powerful an artefact to remain in the hands of either Frank's group as there'd be no risk to them in future stories and hence no story to tell, or in the hands of the Group as they would use it and be unstoppable also.

If they succeed the damage done to the Group in Season 2 and 3 can be repaired and the Group can reform or restructure. In the reformation there is a public face to the Millennium Group - the consultants to law enforcement that they've always been - and a covert section that deals with the greater problems caused by evil incarnate with the aim of averting the nearing apocalypse.

I think this would set the stage admirably for future sequels and tie up loose ends that need solving.

I would also use this new way of identifying members of Frank's cause as Legion, it would seem, can assume any form...

The New Prompt: We are all shepherds.

The New Response: That is who we are.

Edited by Maxx Blackwell

Visit Maxx's Blog - The New Millennium: The Time is Now - for the newest ideas to come from the mind of Maxx Blackwell.

gallery_1248_65_32681.jpg

"THE ANTICHRIST DOES NOT COME AFTER A THOUSAND YEARS HAVE PASSED. WHEN THE THOUSAND YEARS HAVE PASSED, THE REIGN OF THE JUST BEGINS; THEN COMES THE ANTICHRIST, TO CONFOUND THE JUST, AND THEN COMES THE FINAL BATTLE..."

- Alinardo of Grottaferrata, December 1323 (The Name of the Rose, Umberto Eco)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines