Someone Please Explain This To Me...

Rate this topic

Guest A Stranger

Guest bitterstrength

judging by its grin and posture I'd say this poor creature has suffered several debilitating stokes and recieved substandard healthcare.

Guest betweenthelines
Funny how something bad instantly gets linked with "Human Essence", illustrating how its online reputation often (and sometimes a little unfairly) preceeds it

For what it's worth, the only reason I asked was because I read that after the characters in the episode used drugs, they saw a monster. Hence me asking if that photo was from 'Human Essence'; I haven't seen it, to be honest with you.

Guest ModernDayMoriarty

One thing you have to remember is that the enemy in 'Saturn Dreaming...' is a child infected by evil. It makes sense that it wouldn't turn into the same kind of full sized demon. I am firmly of opinion that Legion is something that can speak through its minions rather than always being exactly the same being. I don't consider Ricardo Clement for instance from 'Gehenna' to be Legion , not do I consider Lucy Butler to be Legion either.

Horror media is replete with examples of creatures that are 'formless'. Things that are so wretched, their very existence is one of disgust and repulsion. 1013 evidently wanted to show something that was very repulsively different to the sweet little boy of the episode. It was never intended as much more than an idea of something wretched and disgusting. Therefore it was shown in very quick cuts. You were not meant to look at it and be overawed at its majesty like in 'Gehenna' and 'Lamentation'. They basically just wanted you to be repelled quickly.

Yes, it didn't work as well as they would have liked. But for something that appears so briefly I can let them off. It certainly doesn't ruin the episode (which remains one of my favourites as it's one of the only Jordan episodes) and I think it serves its purposes well enough.

Guest chrisnu

True, true. Another case of bad lighting, and bad prosthetics/makeup:

Screenshot140.jpg

Very funny. Still, the most hysterical part of "Antipas" was hearing the girl unexplicably start screaming at her father. Couldn't stop laughing for 5 minutes.

Guest ModernDayMoriarty

Stranger, is that the demon from 'Siren'? If so I actually quite liked that part of the (otherwise terminally poor) episode. I have always liked the idea of the 'There is a demon in my house' story from S2 and was annoyed it was never brought up more. The leering face over Frank's door in the early going, the darkness that has flooded out from Frank's basement to fill all of his new house, the whole ambience of the house really. It begged to be explored further, especially after 'The Curse of Frank Black'. Instead, demons and evil were largely absent from the Season as M+W started grinding out more Group stories. Yawn.

Guest A Stranger
Stranger, is that the demon from 'Siren'? If so I actually quite liked that part of the (otherwise terminally poor) episode. I have always liked the idea of the 'There is a demon in my house' story from S2 and was annoyed it was never brought up more. The leering face over Frank's door in the early going, the darkness that has flooded out from Frank's basement to fill all of his new house, the whole ambience of the house really. It begged to be explored further, especially after 'The Curse of Frank Black'. Instead, demons and evil were largely absent from the Season as M+W started grinding out more Group stories. Yawn.

Yeah, that's a shot from "Siren." And yeah, I liked the idea of seeing this demon again in Frank's house but I just remember seeing it and thinking it looks like a guy a suit that he can barely move in. It looks like plastic. I like some of the ideas in "Siren," too but felt that Morgan and Wong simply lost interest or ran out of ideas in regard to these same issus raised in "The Curse of Frank Black." It seems like a retread of "should Frank join the Group, or not" but that was pretty much were he was back at the beginning of the year. The plot of Legion was used in season two more as a device to tell Group storys, it seems.

And by the way, I love the scene at the end of "Curse..." when Frank wipes clean the windows and we can just make out the Gehenna Devil on the other side watching. That is an example of how showing actual demons works to me.

Also MDM, I would like to hear yours, or anyone's, view on "Saturn Dreaming of Mercury." You seem to regard it very highly and tell you the truth, I don't get it. It seems really messy to me and suffering from the "less is more" philosophy of year three but ends up explaining too little. I like many aspects of the it. It's a Jordan central episode. It deals with Legion makign good on the threat Lucy made to Frank to "Antipas," and shows the divide that begins between Frank and Emma but as a stand alone, I don't get it. What is Lucas? Who is Simon and what is their connection? Has the father been corrupted by the boy, Lucus?

True, true. Another case of bad lighting, and bad prosthetics/makeup:

Screenshot140.jpg

Very funny. Still, the most hysterical part of "Antipas" was hearing the girl unexplicably start screaming at her father. Couldn't stop laughing for 5 minutes.

That scene could have been so much more intense but was just done horribly! The make up is cheesy and when she starts humping on him in fast motion or what ever... that was lame. Yeah, that was done horribly!