Seven And One

Rate this topic

Guest Bertaut

Guest Bertaut

Ok, I've a question about the episode 'Seven and One'...eh, what?

I've just purchased the 3 season box set on DVD (awful speacial features) and am just finished watching through it (took just over two months, around two episode a day when I got home from work, I think my wife may have left me during the time, but I'm not 100% sure, I should probably check that out), and the only episode that left me completely stumped was this one. I've seen a lot of people say the episode 'Bardo Thodol' is very confusing, or 'Exegesis' or 'Powers, Principalities, Thrones and Dominions', but they were all a cakewalk compared to this, sven 'Saturn Dreaming of Mercury' made some degree of sense. I think I'm pretty intelligent, I'm a writer myself who tends to write slightly off kilter stuff, Millennium is my all time favourite TV show, but this episode just has me lost. Someone, in less than 35251 words, please tell me what the hell it was about, specifially why did Boxer suddenly morph into Mabius and who was the duplicate Hollis type thing?

Edited by Bertaut

Ok, I've a question about the episode 'Seven and One'...eh, what?

I've just purchased the 3 season box set on DVD (awful speacial features) and am just finished watching through it (took just over two months, around two episode a day when I got home from work, I think my wife may have left me during the time, but I'm not 100% sure, I should probably check that out), and the only episode that left me completely stumped was this one. I've seen a lot of people say the episode 'Bardo Thodol' is very confusing, or 'Exegesis' or 'Powers, Principalities, Thrones and Dominions', but they were all a cakewalk compared to this, sven 'Saturn Dreaming of Mercury' made some degree of sense. I think I'm pretty intelligent, I'm a writer myself who tends to write slightly off kilter stuff, Millennium is my all time favourite TV show, but this episode just has me lost. Someone, in less than 35251 words, please tell me what the hell it was about, specifially why did Boxer suddenly morph into Mabius and who was the duplicate Hollis type thing?

Welcome to the board first off, good to see new people here. Seven and One, confusing? yes, even i did not quite understand it at first. This has been previously addressed in other threads, but in short, Boxer's character pretty much is a vessel for all of Frank's demons, representing, in one body, all that has pursued, taunted, and hounded Frank his entire career. He is not really just ONE character, but an amalgamation of many independent ones...thats what i have come to believe...there will be others who will respond with more detail, i have to keep it short due to time constraints, but thats my understanding as of now...in Hollis's case, i believe there was a presupposed or pre-conceived concept that her association with Frank would ultimately lead to an encounter quite similar in nature to Frank's. Remember when the priest says "let your strength equal Frank's weakness, when it comes for you"..."IT" was an obvious reference to evil, and the experience with her "double" was obviously a byproduct of her association with Frank, perhaps to scare or intimidate her into breaking their ever increasing closeness...

but really? its all conjecture, all opinion. Thats what makes this board so challenging.

again, welcome..

The Fourth Horseman...