Whats Your Opinion

Rate this topic

According to a recent interview with Spotnitz he talks about trying to make the show more like real-life........in so many words trying to make it similar to Millenium. The reviews the show gets is more like ripping off the X-Files. What do you all think.......is it more like MM or X-Files

According to a recent interview with Spotnitz he talks about trying to make the show more like real-life........in so many words trying to make it similar to Millenium. The reviews the show gets is more like ripping off the X-Files. What do you all think.......is it more like MM or X-Files
Joe...part of the enigma that was MillenniuM was the way the actors, Lance, Megan, Terry, etc, were able to take, thru experience, a storyline from the mind of a third party and turn it into a breathing, living entity. That only comes with experience. I have seen every episode now of NS and in my opinion, the one last Thursday, (again due to the involvement of seasoned actors like Paul Dillon, (the frenchman) ), I thought it was somewhat elevated above the mudane episodes that have plagued this series. I do not like the main characters at ALL. Their inexperience clearly shows through and no matter how great a script Spotnitz writes or directs, or whatever, it will only rise to the top with the help of talented actors. My 2 cents is what i consider a no-brainer. They should have incorporated Darrin McGavin as the father into the pilot to give the new series an anchor to the old one, then bring him back occasionally, at random, to give it a shot in the arm.

Its very difficult not to make the MillenniuM connection when you see actors from the origional show. You want to believe that there is continuity bridged from our love of MNM to this new series, but as of yet, i have only seen very, very rare glimpses, and at that, its really not enough to hold anyones interest over time..

again, just my opinon...i am still looking forward to this weeks episode, as i continue to keep my fingers crossed and hopes up....

The Fourth Horseman..

Guest Frank L.

It's easy to say Night Stalker is ripping off The X-Files and MillenniuM, because Spotnitz worked on both shows. It was said that Kolchak (McGavin) was the father of Fox Mulder. It could even be true, because there is a great resemblance. And, Chris Carter (and Frank Spotnitz) loved the original Night Stalker series and decided to create The X-Files. Ofcourse Night Stalker looks like The X-Files and MillenniuM, because they share (more or less) the same genre. There are lots of things to do in the science-fiction genre, but I think almost everything has been done already. I also think Night Stalker has been pretty original up to now. What's also the case with Night Stalker, is that people compare it to the original series. That's logic. I don't think I've ever heard of a remake that was better than the original series... Still, I love Night Stalker, and I will continue to watch it...