Had To Have A Catchy Name For It

Guest SouthernCelt

Guest SouthernCelt

US military sets laser PHASRs to stun

:fraghim:

The Personnel Halting and Stimulation Response (PHASR) rifle was developed at the Air Force Research Laboratory. --New Scientist

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Elders (Admins)

I wonder if that's similar to the "long range acoustic device", or LRAD, that was used against the pirates attacking a cruise ship off the coast of Somalia recently. "PHASR" is a better acronym than "LRAD" which I keep reading as "LARD" and get a mental image of people being deterred by falling over in mounds of slippery fat!

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

The government only speaks in acronims or initials.... I think I will be retired a long time before half of what I say is NOT an acronim or initials but real words that others can understand. :wtf:

you can pick your friends... you can pick your nose .... but you can NEVER pick your friend's nose !!

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines