What I Learned About Andrea Yates

Rate this topic

HighPlainsDrifter

i was watching a documentary on Andrea Yates tonight, very intresting......

the Yates had a good friend that was somewhat of a cult leader and preached about the Devil alot......

it was believed she bought into his propaganda but husbad Rusty broke off the relationship with him due to some problem they had.

At one point the family of four at the time lived in a bus.

She believed at the time when Pres Bush was gov. of Texas, that he was actually Lucifer.

She suffered of depression and believed Satan was taking her over, therefore she felt she was a bad parent. She thought her kids werent developing.

She heard voices, thought it was Satan ordering her to kill the children.

After she murdered the children, she called the police to report her crime.

I now believe she isnt crazy..........................Pres. Bush is lucifer(jut kidding)

I really do think she murdered her kids in order for them to go to heaven because she felt they will go to hell when they are older. Does this mean shes crazy or just dillusional. To me its obvious she has some mental illness but she knew what she was doing was wrong when the police came to her house when she called. Was it stress built in with radical religous beliefs of the devil? We will never know, but to me lately in the news we keep seeing people claiming to see demons and voices driving people to kill

Guest Frank L.

I think it doesn't really matter if it's true. It was to her, and in her belief, she murdered her children. And in this world, that's a very serious crime.

I think it doesn't really matter if it's true. It was to her, and in her belief, she murdered her children. And in this world, that's a very serious crime.

But just imagine what knowing the truth would mean......

Guest Frank L.

You're right, Raven Wolf. It might be too scary for all of us.

But I also like to say:

When I started watching The X-Files, I was a Mulder kind of guy. Whenever I read or heard anything relating to the paranormal or supernatural, I believed it. I have become more cautious in believing now. I once heard or read that 99% of all the 'experiences' are fake or made up. I read books about UFO's with stories from people who later admitted they were only after money. The same goes for other paranormal/supernatural experiences.

Back to the story of Andrea Yates; it's easy to say Satan ordered her to kill her children. To prove it, is much harder. How many criminals went for 'insanity', so they wouldn't have to be in prison that long? The movie Se7en deals with this too, especially in the end. It's really interesting.