Music In Tsos

Rate this topic

Guest betweenthelines

Guest betweenthelines

I just watched 'The Sound of Snow', and I know the name of the song that's playing when Frank drives back to the yellow house, but there were other songs played in this episode that were less recognizable. Are these compositions by Snow or are these actual songs that just didn't get identified in all the music listings for this show?

• Elders (Moderators)

I've just uploaded the transcript for this episode. Apart from "The Dark End of the Street", there is some music in the opening scene that the young woman is listening to in her car, and later there's music just before the man hallucinates the room being on fire. Generally, on the DVD's subtitles, if there's an "outside" piece of music playing, the title and singer/group is subtitled, and I always put that in the transcripts. So I suspect the other pieces of music were either generic or created by Mark Snow.

If either of these pieces of music wasn't made for the show it would be useful to know, so I can edit the transcript accordingly.

Guest betweenthelines
if there's an "outside" piece of music playing, the title and singer/group is subtitled, and I always put that in the transcripts. So I suspect the other pieces of music were either generic or created by Mark Snow.

If either of these pieces of music wasn't made for the show it would be useful to know, so I can edit the transcript accordingly.

Ah, thanks :). That sort of music seems to pop up in this season; I also heard it in 'Skull and Bones', 'Forcing The End' and 'Saturn Dreaming of Mercury'. I understand their reasoning to just create soundscapes similiar to pop/rock songs, but I kind of like when the producers used songs written by other artists.