Standing On The Precipice

From the BBC News World Edition dated today 15 Nov 13:55 GMT

China has vowed to vaccinate all of its estimated 14 billion poultry to contain the spread of bird flu.

In his announcement, Chief veterinary officer Jia Youling said all the fees would be covered by the government.

The move comes as new outbreaks of bird flu were confirmed in several regions of China in the past month.

So far there have been no confirmed human infections in China, although several cases are being investigated. The H5N1 strain of bird flu has killed more than 60 people in South East Asia since 2003.

From Brietbart.com -

Over 50 birds die in British quarantine from bird flu

Fifty-three finches from Taiwan have died at a British quarantine centre amid an outbreak of the most deadly strain of avian flu, the government said. The birds, southeast Asian mesias, died last month of the highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N1 strain, the Department for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) said Tuesday.

Does anyone else hear the rumbling thunder off in the distance? Something wicked truely this way comes.

"And behold, a pale horse, and he who sat on it, his name was Death. Hades followed with him. Authority over one fourth of the earth, to kill with the sword, with famine, with death, and by the wild animals of the earth was given to him." REV 6:8

fourthhorsemananimatedsigna3rr.gif

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats exactly what they said in the 1960's about VEE [ Venezuelian Equine Encephomiolitis] which humans could also contract directly [misquito] or from close association from infected horses.

In the 1970's it was Swine flu .. same deal.

neither of these caused the 'horror' it was suppose to. I would be much more afraid of contracting Anthrax or Bubonic Plaque [ both have a few cases a year] or Hunta [?] virus which had a significant outbreak in the 1980's . It will always be something . One day there may even be a virus that can jump from dogs to humans.. :eyes:

you can pick your friends... you can pick your nose .... but you can NEVER pick your friend's nose !!

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT!

It's strange how we must get used to such reports. Just recently, I saw someone on TV telling a journalist that this is a new situation for them (the journalists): They have to be careful not to exploit such stories when they first surface (as happened two years ago, I believe, and as is happening right now), but when a disease really becomes threatening fur humans, because if they just keep scaring people everytime one bird drops dead (in this case), no-one's gonna believe them anymore when the disease really gets out of hand. Then, people might just be like "Ah, well, we've heard all that before, so why bother?" And it may be too late for an appropriate reaction.

It's strange how we must get used to such reports. Just recently, I saw someone on TV telling a journalist that this is a new situation for them (the journalists): They have to be careful not to exploit such stories when they first surface (as happened two years ago, I believe, and as is happening right now), but when a disease really becomes threatening fur humans, because if they just keep scaring people everytime one bird drops dead (in this case), no-one's gonna believe them anymore when the disease really gets out of hand. Then, people might just be like "Ah, well, we've heard all that before, so why bother?" And it may be too late for an appropriate reaction.

Good Point Noah...we all have to be careful of the "chicken little" syndrome. This reminds me of the pending apocalyptic disasters predicted at the turn of this century. Y2K, rare planetary alignments, and yet the date came and went without event. Our vigilance is our only defense, perhaps the H5N1 virus will not become the dreaded "plague" of our lifetime, only time can deliver the answers. I just think that its important that we go on with our lives on a daily basis, but maintain a sense of acumen about this most important issue..just my thoughts...

the included photo is the very first picture of the H5N1 virus.

anyone here stocked up on tamiflu yet??

Till the Last Change Be Done..

The Fourth Horseman...

post-1098-1132176370_thumb.jpg

"And behold, a pale horse, and he who sat on it, his name was Death. Hades followed with him. Authority over one fourth of the earth, to kill with the sword, with famine, with death, and by the wild animals of the earth was given to him." REV 6:8

fourthhorsemananimatedsigna3rr.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines