Least Favorite Mlm Character

Rate this topic

Guest A Stranger

Guest A Stranger

Man, I really can't seem to get these polls done right!

The options were going to be:

Brian Rodecker

Andy McClaren

Lara Means

Emma Hollis

These are all characters that the MLM fanbase don't all seem to agree on. Of course, everyone loves Peter. But what character do you think MLM could have done wthout. Rodecker brought the comedy element but many fans, including myself, question if that element should ever have been there. I for one would pick McClaren as my leas favorite recurring character. Far too often he was reduced to the all too obvious police cheife type character seen in many standard cop shows. He only shows up to tell Frank to shut up about the MLM Group and I have real hard time believing him as the Assitent Director. Lara Means on the other hand, I like sometimes but feel she was over used and brought too much of what she did offer, if you know what I mean. Too much saracsm and too many angels... Emma, I liked but I'm not sure if many other fans do.

Guest ModernDayMoriarty

Well, hmm. Roedecker is an extremely irritating character for the most part. His inclusion in 'The Mikado' however redeems him and would have disposed me to liking him more had he continued to appear. It would have been nice to see his cheerful demeanour evaporate as he comes to see the world that Frank and Peter inhabit.

Andy Maclaren... well it's a bit unfair to judge characters like him and Baldwin because I suspect they were characters either pressed onto the writers by the network and/or created by Michael Duggan who left early on. The writers don't appear interested in developing Maclaren at all, content just to use him as a useful tool to disseminate information etc. So he isn't inspiring really but the writers never intend him to be.

And Lara Means... oh don't get me started again. An awful character from a very overrated actress. Easily my pick for least favourite character.

And what is Emma Hollis doing on this list? She's great!

Guest ZeusFaber

Brian Roedecker and Lara Means.

The first for being utterly inane and a desperate attempt to clone the Lone Gunmen.

The second for being a usurping presence that spoilt more than one element of the show, was poorly portrayed, and given the most irritating catchphrase on TV.

Brian Roedecker and Lara Means.

The first for being utterly inane and a desperate attempt to clone the Lone Gunmen.

The second for being a usurping presence that spoilt more than one element of the show, was poorly portrayed, and given the most irritating catchphrase on TV.

MDM - glad to see we agree, almost...

WITHOUT A DOUBT - McClaren. What a pain in the ass. Wishy-washy, confrontational, his character ringed of over-rigidness and indecision. In my opinion, his character was the one nagging force that put a damper somewhat on S3..

Laura? I could give and take with her. The pouty seductive looks were nice, but again she seemed a bit unsure of herself, never exuding the confidence to compliment Frank's...

and i am right there with you on Roedecker. Given the fact that he was portrayed as a "geek" because of his computer prowess, his character was already limited, but i thought he lent a nice comical relief, and i would have liked to have seen bits and pieces of him in S3..

Till the Last Change Be Done..

The Fourth Horseman.

Guest chrisnu

Andy McLaren and Barry Baldwin. Both were quite irritating and poorly developed, although more was done with Baldwin than McLaren by the end of the season.

Guest betweenthelines

Judging from what I've seen of Season 3, I'll have to say Agent Baldwin. Very obnoxious.

Although Roedecker was more or less a "lost" Lone Gunman, I thought he was humorous and entertaining. I would have liked to find out what happened to his character; there was never an explanation as to why he was fired from the Millennium Group.