Sign in to follow this  
Guest &one

maintaing your upbeatness

Guest &one

I would like everyone to know that I am a beginner at this subject.So I would like to know how does one maintain their upbeatness in this world?  ??? With all the down beat stuff going on in this world today what do you do to maintain your upbeatness?

I for one go to the movies [when ever there is anything playing there that interest me] I also like to listen to music [mostly Bon Jovi right now] There are a lot of his songs that help me stay upbeat. There is also MM which Dave and I will be starting some where around the end of April. That is something we like to look forward too together.Also I like to say Iv'e gotten to know someone else on the board [scott] who also helps with the upbeatness [when I can get through to him  :tongue: ] Well that's my two cent on the matter as someone always tells me Don't be dark  

Remember This Is Who We Are   :ouro:          Denise

Hi Denise,

For me I take pleasure in relaxing in my home doing things that I find relaxing to take my mind off work.

We were fortunate to move somewhere very quiet and peacefull and when you're a shift worker this helps a great deal.

Regards,

Graham.

"Upbeat in Prestatyn." :ouro:

Peter Watts' Mustache. I think of that, and smile. LOL!

Seriously, I find one good thing about the day. One good thing, even if it's a mustache, or a pretty leaf on a tree, or something as pedestrian as a fart joke.

I find one thing to smile about. Then if I'm really trying, I find another., I have always been a pretty downbeat person. However, One thing a day. It's a start. It's gotten me through many downbeat days, and has made those days pretty special!

You know, this episode is my all time fav. I don't know why. I just love it!

I understand something of where you're coming from, seesthru. It's often the "little" things that have the biggest effect. I'm currently working on the idea that life isn't a competition.

I don't enjoy walking because sometimes my knee joints hurt, and I'm not always steady on my feet. It doesn't matter that my husband could probably walk ten times the distance at ten times the speed. What matters is my achievement.

On Tuesday, I bought a wifi printer. It took me ages to set it up, because we have a long and complicated wifi password. It doesn't matter that my son could probably have set it up in a tenth of the time. What mattered was my achievement.

From the window of my den, I can now see blue skies instead of the incessant rain; and the scaffolding on the house across the (very narrow) road has at long last come down.

And the birds are being very noisy and waking me up early. It doesn't matter, because they're doing what they need to do so there will be baby birds.

Little things that can make a big difference.

Denise, first of all, welcome to the forums, and what I call, our "home away from home."

Sad to say I've had to take a leave of absence, but I am finding more time now to come back and chat.

After this past nightmare year I've been through, and still in, I can truly say that the best way I kept my sanity was my alone time with the Lord. Then listening to peaceful music, careful what movies and TV shows I watch, what I read, and especially who I talk to. Other people's attitudes can drag you down just as they can lift you up. I had to literally cut off one friend, for reasons I won't go into, but it reached the point where we had to go our separate ways after 20 years. We drifted apart into separate worlds.

Naturally, each person deals with things, like grief for example, in their own way. I do believe peaceful surroundings and sounds are the keys, especially nature. I go to the lake sometimes and just sit and quiet my heart. And, get plenty of rest. Sometimes we sleep, but we don't rest, and that is so important, speaking from my own experience.

It's just as Libby said, "Little things that can make a big difference." So true.

Little things do make a difference. To me, they are a sign from God saying I've not been forgotten. When it started, when I started noticing little things, was years back. It was white feathers. White feathers falling from the sky. Sounds crazy! True though. I would sit outside, and a single white feather would fall from the sky. I'd never see the bird it came from, just a feather softly floating down to the ground in front of me.

After I started noticing those, then other things would catch my eye, like a beautiful sky, or a flower blooming in a patch of dirt...

Then yes, I'd get a sense of peace and happiness when I'd do something I'd been putting off.

Sometimes the only thing that gets me through a day, is noticing the little things, and appreciating them.

I watched a pine cone fall from a tree once, never ever paid any attention before that day. I saved the pine cone. It was one of those God moments, just like the white feather.

Yeah, it is amazing. God moments really make a difference!

And my friend seesthru, unless someone has had a "God moment," they would consider us nuts. I'm close, but the Earth part saves me.

OH I'm nuts. No doubt. But, those moments? They keep me relatively "sane" LOL