Sign in to follow this  
HighPlainsDrifter

Donnie Darko

i saw this little gem the other night and loved it, what a unique star studded movie. Jake does such a good acting job. Someone told me this movie has a cult following

why?

anyone else like the movie?

I LOVE Donnie Darko too! I saw it when it first came out and was so excited to discover this film before it caught on. I was actually disappointed when it became widespread big cult thing. Now EVERYONE knows about Donnie Darko :doh: . Now they sell Donnie Darko t-shirts, posters, there's even a Frank the Bunny action figure. I'm not sure why it has a cult following, I can't even really explain why I like it so much. I guess it's just unique and well-done enough that it strikes a chord with people.

I liked the movie when I was watching it, but the ending ruined it for me and I asked what the hell was the point. I started to like and I ended up hating it when I finished watching it.