A Room With No View

Rate this topic

Raven Wolf

Hi Black's Babe,

If you find yourself with time on your hands I for one would love to know why you felt RWNV was a less than enthralling experience. Generally the episode is ranked very highly by fandom and when a contrary opinion is held it's always a pleasure to discover the reasons why a person feels that way.

Best wishes,

Eth

Guest Black's Babe
Hi Black's Babe,

If you find yourself with time on your hands I for one would love to know why you felt RWNV was a less than enthralling experience. Generally the episode is ranked very highly by fandom and when a contrary opinion is held it's always a pleasure to discover the reasons why a person feels that way.

Best wishes,

Eth

Lucy got bored and wanted to send a nice little FU to Frank.

So "Olson" ends up maggot food, poor Landon gets abducted and Howard ends up on a slab.

Which draws in TMG and Frank, only for them to once again fail to catch her.

wasn't a terrible episode by no means, would've like it more if they had come face 2 face.

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed tonight that Lucy's car is the same type Chevy Impala the the Winchester's drive on Supernatural. Do you think after this episode it was sitting in some back lot for all those years only to become famous as Dean Winchester's ride.

• 4 months later...
Guest quentin compson

There have already been some very insightful and profound postings concerning this episode. I'll just add my two cents ...

It was not that easy to get what exactly dear Lucy was doing to those abducted teenagers. I guess it was supposed to be a little bit vague - maybe even the writers themselves weren't entirely sure what they wanted to express here.

Anyway, as far as I understood it, Lucy was abducting teenagers like Landon who are very intelligent and possess a somewhat undeveloped potential. Guys like Howard, who will probably get a proper college education and a good job and will lead a "normal" life are obviously not of interest to Lucy. What the episode was trying to say here, I guess, is that the most important inventions/the most wonderful art etc. oftentimes comes from guys like Landon rather than from the also intelligent but more "ordinary" ones like Howard. I think Peter Watts was saying something along those lines in a conversation with Frank (George Washington and Abraham Lincoln were mentioned, if I recall correctly).

So people who lead an ordinary life with a good job, a nice wife/husband, one or two beautiful kids (and a handsome yellow suburban house, one might feel tempted to add :oneeyedwinK ) are probably not a threat to evil as they are not very ambitious or at least not very likely to bring forward mankind's struggle for more truth, freedom, love, whatever. It's the ones like Landon - talented in a way they most likely do not understand themselves and therefore predestined to think outside the box - that Lucy/Evil has to fear as potential enemies. So, she tries to brainwash them and suck everything unconventional and auspicious out of their minds.

Overall, it was a good episode - I am big fan of Lucy's, so it was nice to have her back.

Edited by quentin compson

• 2 weeks later...