Sign in to follow this  
horza

Millennium: The Motion Picture

Lance Henricksen has talked about doing a movie based on the series. If the gods of Hollywood allowed such

a miracle would the fans prefer:

A continuation/resolution to the Millennium Group mythology

OR

A completely independent standalone story for audiences who've never seen the series

I'm sure this has been discussed to death, but....................

As for the mythology, while it'd be nice to get some closure, better than Zombies (yikes!), it probably wouldn't be best, this many years after the show left the air. A totaly new story would bring in new fans, and would probably fair better at the box office.

Its interesting though. I think that if they did a serial killer it might be judged against Se7en but if they did a mythology episode it wouldn't mean a lot to most people. A few TV movies would be best and aimed for fans of the show.

True, true.

As much as we appreciate it, we must also accept that most people just don't "get it". The money that would go into a tv movie or miniseries is nothing compared to what would have to go into a movie.

The X Files was extreamly popular when the X Files movie came out, yet it did not do too well at the box office. It's been so long since Millennium was on the air, that most of the air heads out there would be totaly freaking clueless.

i like the idea of a mini-series to be aired on the F/X Channel but what i read and hear seems to be more of a full blown movie....hopefully time will tell wheh and if it happens

I'd prefer a more standalone story, with some backstory on where Frank and Jordan are at now. I don't see a Group mythology story being marketable at all.

I think they should try a pretty low-budget movie first. How much does it cost to make a good standalone story (with a serial killer or something)? How much did it cost to shoot the pilot? Double that amount of money and I think it's still pretty low-budget for a movie. We don't need tons of special effects. We don't need car accidents or anything expensive. We just need a good story.

The X-Files movie had a budget of $66 million dollars, and a budget of $1,5 million per episode. I think that's the same for MillenniuM. If they make a $10 million dollar movie, they should be able to make a good movie and make some money...

Honestly,I don't care how they do a movie if they ever do. I just wanna see new footage of Frank Black doin his thing on screen.

BEER----> I absolutely agree with you 'teh'. Who the cares what the subject matter is, we just want a 'MillenniuM' movie or ......

BELCH

They really need to get on the ball and make the darn thing in whatever form they're going to make it (mini series, tv movie, theater movie) because Lance isn't getting any younger. There may come a point where if they wait too long to decide definately that they are going to do it, he may not want to do it any longer or something could happen to him. I hate ot be negative but that's how I feel.

I know that when they made the Star Wars prequels, I was afraid something was going to happen to Ian (Palpatine) due to his age.