Lucy And Ephraim

Rate this topic

Viivi

• Elders (Moderators)

About Lamentation..

This is not a very important detail, but still I can't help wondering where the heck did Lucy keep Ephraim Fabricant after fetching him from the hospital? :huh_snowman:

I think there's no answer to that question in the episode, but of course I might be wrong.

One would assume that she had a place for him in her house, but the investigators searched the house, didn't they?

Besides, at one point I even thought Lucy may have had an assistant in some unknown place - you can't see the nurse's face when she visits the hospital nor in the scenes where she "treats" Fabricant. (Btw, had the nurse been the long-haired man, I don't think that Fabricant would have said to him "you take good care of me, sweetness".) Anyway, this assistant idea is just too far-fetched and complicated.

Any thoughts?

• 2 years later...
Guest paranoid eyes

I don't think the house was searched. Frank, Peter entered the house with a group of police officers and told Lucy that the marshal woke up from the coma and described the person who attacked him but she realised that they were laying and threaten to sue. Peter seemed to be desperate when he asked her for co-operation but she refused.

• Elders (Moderators)

I had totally forgotten about this topic from almost three years back!

Well, I've always got the impression that they did search the house.. but I'll have to rewatch the episode to be sure. :)

But this much I can say now: I definitely think that the nurse was Lucy. But doesn't the fact that we don't see her face when she nurses Fabricant make those scenes even creepier?

• 4 months later...

The nurse was definitely Lucy but it might not have had Lucy's form given her penchant of shapeshifting. I agree it must have been the female form for Fabricant to call her "sweetie", but he never indicates during the captivity scenes that he recognizes Lucy at least at first. I know they were "penpal married" but I would think they would have exchanged pictures and such and had he recognized Lucy he would have said something of recognition \other than "Why am I on a dialysis machine?" which seems to indicate he thought he was still initially receiving hospital treatment.

By the end it's obvious he knows exactly who did him in, but that same knowledge isn't apparent on camera earlier unless I missed it.

Edited by BillQS

Guest tjmasiakowski

I'm quite sure that it was Lucy Butler in a different form. But here I pose another question: was he suspecting that he will be taken?

Just to stir up the discussion.

Cheers,

Tim

It maybe just my wild imagination,but I felt as though Lucy and Ephraim set up his being taken after he found out that his sister needed a kidney transplant. After Lucy got him out though things went downhill for him and Lucy begins to show her real self as a demon.

As for not recognizing Lucy at first,I hadn't thought of exchanging pictures as part of their relationship. I figured Ephraim didn't need to know what Lucy looked like, just that she may prove useful in the future.

Guest tjmasiakowski

That's a good point. Who know if he actually knew her face. He expected himself being saved, yet he encountered more hell.

Wait, wasn't it mentioned that they exchanged photos on the Internet or something like that?

I have a small memory for that right now.

Cheers,

Tim

I'm not sure he actually anticipated being taken. His initial response to me at least seemed to indicate that he thought he was still in a hospital. It seemed that his biggest fear was that they would kill him on the operating table because he used to kill nurses.

Still your theory is just as valid. It makes for delicious irony that the predator becomes the prey- thinking he was in control while in reality Lucy was always in control.