Owls

Rate this topic

Guest Polaroid Stalker

Guest Polaroid Stalker

If I had to name my top 5 "MillenniuM" episodes, then "Owls" would round off at number 5. This was a beautifully written episode.

I think Morgan and Wong really nailed what is probably the one of the most universally evil and frightening aspects of human nature--Adolf Hitler. But my attention was grabbed more by the Group's rifting factions, the Owls (secularists) and the Roosters (theologians). When the Cross of the Crucifixion is stolen from the Group, the two already divided factions war on each other.

Meanwhile, Catherine gets a job at a suspicious-sounding company called "Aerotech." Ha-ha, real funny, M&W!!

The best scene: the part where Mr. Johnston is murdered roadside by German hitman Helmut Gunsche while America's "Horse With No Name" plays over the scene. I always loved that song, and after seeing "Owls," it gave me a whole new fix on it.

To Be Continued...

My rating: Five creepy Aerotech employees out of five!

Quote: "Easy, Mr. Berenson... This is who we are." -- Blaylock

-- Stephen

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Cookyman
The best scene: the part where Mr. Johnston is murdered roadside by German hitman Helmut Gunsche while America's "Horse With No Name" plays over the scene. I always loved that song, and after seeing "Owls," it gave me a whole new fix on it.

I agree with you mate.  That scene is my all time favourite scene from the entire 3 seasons of Millennium!  It was beautifully shot and the music was the icing on the cake.

:ouro:

• Elders (Admins)

Ah, thats one of those moments that should have got someone an Emmy or similar... perfectly executed on all counts and as Cookyman said, the icing on the cake...

Inspired.

Gra. :ouro:

Guest Omega

My personal favourite is "The Dark End of the Street" by James Carr as used in "The Sound of Snow".

Guest Polaroid Stalker

Thanks for your agreements. Although, it's not quite my favorite musical sequence. No, that belongs to the final scene of "The Time is Now," when Frank and Jordan are in the cabin as "In the Year 2525" by Zager and Evans plays. My God, I felt like crying! :cry:

But the "Owls" scene is second on the list! :ouro:

This is who we are,

Stephen :cool: