The Prophecy of Extraordinary Events...

Rate this topic

• Elders (Admins)

I'm pleased to announce the provision of some more, in my opinion outstanding and long over due Millennium Downloads available at my site, Millennium Desktop UK.

Just uploaded are two versions of Frank Blacks "Seven And One Soliloquy", "Roosters Message" and "I Got A Page..." - Frank Black.

Don't forget you can still download:

Life Of A Comet - From Season Two's "The Beginning and the End" and Bill Smitrovich - "Gehenna Preview"

Best Regards,

Graham.

• 2 weeks later...
I downloaded the revolving Oroboros with "Welcome, Frank" as a screensaver....and I got the classic Oroboros set as wallpaper.  What does desktop theme mean or do? (Sorry, :down: dumb question) I picked one and downloaded it & chose save as desktop, and nothing happened, so I must have misunderstood something.

• Elders (Admins)

Hi,

desktop themes were popular with older versions of Windows like Win95/98 and ME. Although they are available in XP they are slightly different due to XP's graphical & design demands and you need specific XP designed themes as far as I know...

You can still easily use Wallpapers though, and screen savers.

Themes were combinations of sounds, wallpaper, icons etc all on a theme.

Gra.

• Elders (Moderators)

Hi all,

I've only recently upgraded to XP, so I'm still finding out about stuff. One thing is the themes which, as Graham said, is a collection of screensavers and so forth. One option under "Screensaver" is "My Pictures Slideshow" and this option takes pictures saved in the "My Pictures" folder and displays them like a slideshow. There are some sample pictures put in the folder on installation of XP, so anyone with XP can try them out.

The next thing on my list of "Things To Do When I've Finished Transcribing The Remaining Episodes"  :p  is to find a good selection of images to put in that folder and then change my screensaver (currently it's "none" because I find Microsoft's idea of a really cool screensaver not quite the same as mine.)

(Dreams: a selection of black-and-white images of Frank would be good...mmm...)

Libby

• Elders (Admins)

Hi Libby,

I totally agree with you about the screen savers.

In fact I'm currently using the My Pictures Screensaver to play a series of stills from the Season Two opening credits for a change. It's really handy.

By the way, I find one of the Windows XP Power Toys via Micro$oft called "Image Resizer" really handy, especially with having a digital camera. If you haven't tried it I recommened it. It's a small download available and you can access it by right clicking on a picture in Windows Explorer. Damn handy for e-mailing pictures too, saving the need to open your graphics/photo program.

Microsft Power Toys (WinXP) Index:  https://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/dow...s/powertoys.asp

Graham.