Pumpkinhead

Rate this topic

Guest zombieromero

Guest zombieromero

Don't think just do it! Lol! Yeah I have it on DVD but if its on T.V. I still watch it. I don't know why but it gets me in the Christmas mood...

• 2 months later...
Guest zombieromero

Yeah the sequel was kinda rubbish but we can all just try and pretend it never existed and focus on the awesome original lol!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Yeah the sequel was kinda rubbish but we can all just try and pretend it never existed and focus on the awesome original lol!

I will take your advice and skip the sequel. I did, however, finally rent out the original Pumpkinhead, and enjoyed it. I don't believe I have ever seen it, or at least not in it's entirety, but that was almost 20 years ago now, so you never know. Still though, I think I would have some memory of it. I agree, Lance was very good in it. Over all, it was pretty good as far as horror flicks go, but I could probably go a few years without watching it again. Then again, I might feel like renting it again next Halloween. The one thing that really bummed me out about the movie was Ed's boy getting killed. I feel much better when teenage kids get slaughtered in these type movies. LOL, just kidding. It was so sad the way he carried him home and you get the feeling he thinks the boy is going to be OK. Then, his last words are "Daddy", and he passes away. I have to admit, while I am not a real sucker for tear jerker scenes, that one got me a little misty eyed. Unlike some films of it's kind, this one does develop the characters and makes you care about them, unlike, for example, Friday the 13th, where all the characters do is act stupid and have sex. With those type films it is more about the gore and special effects and wondering how and where they are going to get it then actually caring about the characters. Overall, I give the film about a 7.5 out of 10 rating. On a horror movie only scale I would give it an 8.5 out of 10. For those who have not seen it, it's worth watching.