Sign in to follow this  
Raven Wolf

Is There A Santa Claus?

Is There a Santa Claus? :Santa_Claus_elf:

by FEMA

ATS Weekly, Edition 022, December 13, 2005

As a group ATS members pride themselves on matters related to either corroborating or debunking the existence of enigmatic subjects. Based on evidence, common sense, and generally exhaustive Internet searches to support their points, ATS members can be counted on to cut the wheat from the chaff in their undying efforts to bring clarity and validation to the table of verification. It is in this light I offer scientific validation - not to mention heartwarming corroboration - to the existence of Santa Claus. As a parent, big brother or sister, you will be able to point to ATS as the group who irrefutably and scientifically proved the existence of Santa Claus. After all, as the Trans-Siberian Orchestra song, An Old City Bar, says, " . . . inside of this night it is easier to believe." I leave you now to consider the following with not only an open mind but more importantly an open heart.

It was while watching a recent TV Christmas commercial it occurred to me that I'd soon have to provide a definitive answer to a timeless question: "Dad, is there a Santa Claus?"

I've had several days to consider a few possible answers which ranged from overwhelming public proclamation to the scientific. I decided to settle on scientific validation.

What I needed was evidence that showed science accepting the existence of something outside being able to directly observe it. (Kids, you need not trouble yourself with the scientific answer below - this is for your parents. I, for one, understand children have always known the "real" answer.)

Enter the Higgs boson, AKA the God particle. Dubbed the "God particle" by Nobel Prize- winning physicist Leon Lederman (I purchased his book), the Higgs boson is a controversial particle believed to endow all other particles with mass. Lederman's hypothesis supports the existence of the elusive God particle based on its effect on visible particles (in close proximity to it) after a collision in a supercollider. A simpler explanation would be to consider an invisible soccer ball being kicked into a net. Although you wouldn't see the soccer ball fly or enter the net, the bulge in the back of the net would prove the existence of the ball - not to mention a goal.

In short, we have an observable cause and effect relationship which science has seized upon to support its position that something unobservable can and does exist. Remember, science is simply observing effects of an unobservable particle, not the particle itself. Therefore, we need only prove an effect is present to substantiate the irrefutable existence of Santa Claus.

Enter Santa Claus, A.K.A. Saint Nic. Despite the fact many millions of children have provided wondrous wide-eyed corroboration of the jolly old soul's existence, grownups (who've drifted too far from childhood) remain blind and deaf to such innocent, compelling and utterly unimpeachable, confirmation - they should get a lump of coal!

Back to science. In our quest for immutable evidence to Santa's existence we need only prove he has an observable effect - if it's good enough for science, it's good enough for Santa!

Three years ago I was attending an old-folks home which was about to welcome Santa Claus. The room was filled with gentle old souls sitting at long tables which framed a circle of wheel chairs. A hush fell over the group as they strained to hear the distant giggle of the merriest elf.

As Santa strode into the room, several matriarchs exclaimed, "Look! It's Santa!" His twinkling blue eyes fell on a motionless figure slumped in her wheelchair, her sparkling name tag hung as immobile as she. As Santa walked to her side, the room fell silent. His deep gentle voice filled the room. "Oh, my dear Sara, how you've grown over the years. Have you been a good girl?" Several gasped at what happened next. Sara, who'd been silent and motionless for the past year, began to move. Her eyes slowly opened as her bobbing head craned upward to find his familiar face. Her emotionless face began to beam. "Hi Santa." She whispered.

The noblest of elves began to laugh filling the room with his booming roar, "Ho, Ho, Ho!" The rest of the group joined in, nervously at first, then into full joyous laughter. I studied the face of one nurse standing beside Sara (Nurse: Noun; earthly angel who has not yet received their wings) who was crying then giggled in puzzled amazement, her hand over her mouth.

Santa moved about the room addressing everyone by name knowing something personal about those he spoke with. The nurses looked at each other perplexed, their shoulders shrugged as they scanned the room for a face with an answer - there was none.

After several minutes, Santa left. The room filled with excited chatter as people started to recount what had just happened. Several nurses surrounded Sara who'd slumped once again and gone quiet - they rubbed her hands imploring her to speak, she would not stir.

Science? Well, if we need only prove something heretofore considered not to be detectable only have an effect on something in order to exist, then we have proved our case.

Some say angels walk among us - that we should treat everyone with respect and kindness for we know not whom we entertain - after that evening I am compelled to believe them.

FEMA

ATS Contributor :smiley_snowman:

:christmas_elf: :snowfight1_elf: :Raindeers:

Is There a Santa Claus? :Santa_Claus_elf:

by FEMA

ATS Weekly, Edition 022, December 13, 2005

As a group ATS members pride themselves on matters related to either corroborating or debunking the existence of enigmatic subjects. Based on evidence, common sense, and generally exhaustive Internet searches to support their points, ATS members can be counted on to cut the wheat from the chaff in their undying efforts to bring clarity and validation to the table of verification. It is in this light I offer scientific validation - not to mention heartwarming corroboration - to the existence of Santa Claus. As a parent, big brother or sister, you will be able to point to ATS as the group who irrefutably and scientifically proved the existence of Santa Claus. After all, as the Trans-Siberian Orchestra song, An Old City Bar, says, " . . . inside of this night it is easier to believe." I leave you now to consider the following with not only an open mind but more importantly an open heart.

It was while watching a recent TV Christmas commercial it occurred to me that I'd soon have to provide a definitive answer to a timeless question: "Dad, is there a Santa Claus?"

I've had several days to consider a few possible answers which ranged from overwhelming public proclamation to the scientific. I decided to settle on scientific validation.

What I needed was evidence that showed science accepting the existence of something outside being able to directly observe it. (Kids, you need not trouble yourself with the scientific answer below - this is for your parents. I, for one, understand children have always known the "real" answer.)

Enter the Higgs boson, AKA the God particle. Dubbed the "God particle" by Nobel Prize- winning physicist Leon Lederman (I purchased his book), the Higgs boson is a controversial particle believed to endow all other particles with mass. Lederman's hypothesis supports the existence of the elusive God particle based on its effect on visible particles (in close proximity to it) after a collision in a supercollider. A simpler explanation would be to consider an invisible soccer ball being kicked into a net. Although you wouldn't see the soccer ball fly or enter the net, the bulge in the back of the net would prove the existence of the ball - not to mention a goal.

In short, we have an observable cause and effect relationship which science has seized upon to support its position that something unobservable can and does exist. Remember, science is simply observing effects of an unobservable particle, not the particle itself. Therefore, we need only prove an effect is present to substantiate the irrefutable existence of Santa Claus.

Enter Santa Claus, A.K.A. Saint Nic. Despite the fact many millions of children have provided wondrous wide-eyed corroboration of the jolly old soul's existence, grownups (who've drifted too far from childhood) remain blind and deaf to such innocent, compelling and utterly unimpeachable, confirmation - they should get a lump of coal!

Back to science. In our quest for immutable evidence to Santa's existence we need only prove he has an observable effect - if it's good enough for science, it's good enough for Santa!

Three years ago I was attending an old-folks home which was about to welcome Santa Claus. The room was filled with gentle old souls sitting at long tables which framed a circle of wheel chairs. A hush fell over the group as they strained to hear the distant giggle of the merriest elf.

As Santa strode into the room, several matriarchs exclaimed, "Look! It's Santa!" His twinkling blue eyes fell on a motionless figure slumped in her wheelchair, her sparkling name tag hung as immobile as she. As Santa walked to her side, the room fell silent. His deep gentle voice filled the room. "Oh, my dear Sara, how you've grown over the years. Have you been a good girl?" Several gasped at what happened next. Sara, who'd been silent and motionless for the past year, began to move. Her eyes slowly opened as her bobbing head craned upward to find his familiar face. Her emotionless face began to beam. "Hi Santa." She whispered.

The noblest of elves began to laugh filling the room with his booming roar, "Ho, Ho, Ho!" The rest of the group joined in, nervously at first, then into full joyous laughter. I studied the face of one nurse standing beside Sara (Nurse: Noun; earthly angel who has not yet received their wings) who was crying then giggled in puzzled amazement, her hand over her mouth.

Santa moved about the room addressing everyone by name knowing something personal about those he spoke with. The nurses looked at each other perplexed, their shoulders shrugged as they scanned the room for a face with an answer - there was none.

After several minutes, Santa left. The room filled with excited chatter as people started to recount what had just happened. Several nurses surrounded Sara who'd slumped once again and gone quiet - they rubbed her hands imploring her to speak, she would not stir.

Science? Well, if we need only prove something heretofore considered not to be detectable only have an effect on something in order to exist, then we have proved our case.

Some say angels walk among us - that we should treat everyone with respect and kindness for we know not whom we entertain - after that evening I am compelled to believe them.

FEMA

ATS Contributor :smiley_snowman:

:christmas_elf: :snowfight1_elf: :Raindeers:

"WOW"

Try this one Ravon!

http://www.powerpres.com/xmascard03.html

Merry Christmas to all.

Takes a minute to load, Click for more and then click icons.

A friend of mine works at a fast food place and it was just before christmas when a well dressed man in a tailored suit came up to the counter and my friend looked up at him and blinked- the man *looked* like santa in a busness suit. the man regarded my friend and placed his order and then asked "have you been a good boy this year?" Dumbfounded my friend just nodded. and the guy pulls a full sized candy cane out of his pocket & gives it to him. Every single kid in the place noticed this guy and they came up to him when he was waiting for his order and they were saying "Santa! Santa!!" and he kept pulling the full size candy canes out of his pocket My friend said there had to be at least 20 kids there, and if you put 30 candy canes together, you can see its a bundle, but there was no indication of anything bumpy under his suit.

When the man was done with his lunch, he thanked my friend for an exceltent meal, and he went out- followed by the group of kids , and several of the staff- but...

there was no sign of him on the street, in the back alley or the parking lot. he just-

disappeared...

I have known a man who *plays* santa every year = has for the last 20 yrs and his dad was santa before him. The man had some birth defects, and they were the type that - well, as a child he probably was tormented a lot for. You would think it would make him bitter- but it didn't, and his youngest daughter is the sweetest child you would ever want to know. My friend not only is santa for work (we do community service work so that every child can see santa) he goes on to do Santa at the school, and Santa workshops and Breakfast with santa, and they are doing Pictures with santa, that all of the money goes to help buy warm cloths for children in need. he doesn't get paid to do any of that- and when you watch him- when you see the twinkle in his eyes and his voice - changes, he IS santa.

I had the chance to *be santa* this year. (yes, i am a girl) and not a single parent knew that I was a girl under the beard and the hat- (I dropped my voice when I spoke to the kids)

I made it a point to tell each child to tell their mom and dad that they loved them when they went to bed, and when they got up, and to tell their sibs as well. I was informed by one mother several days later that her son had taken it to heart- the last thing he says when the lights go out is "I LOVE YOU KEVIN!" to his little brother (who in his words before was a bit of a pain as he was just 19 months old.

Would that we all could love as simply.

Kath

WOW! Thanks for the response, guys and gals!

'Tis the season! :Bells: