Sign in to follow this  
Laurent.

Spotnitz Strikes Again

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but I guess more people may see it here:

Frank Spotnitz is teaming up with 1013 writer/producer/director Vince Gilligan to create a new series for Spike TV called Amped;

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/...%7C1%7C,00.html

Set in the present day, the show deals with the response to a disease outbreak that alters the DNA of some of its victims, and not in a good way.

I don't know anything about Spike TV (Zap2it says it's a male-oriented network, whatever that means) and I'm pretty sure we don't get it over here in Québec. Anyway, I think this series is promising if it's well made. Spotnitz should try to re-create the movie-like quality of 1013 shows instead of going for the "amateur" look he created in Night Stalker. And it's good to hear from Vince Gilligan, I think he was one of the best X-Files writer (along with CC, M&W and Darin Morgan). His writing was always constant, I'm not sure if he even did one bad episode even though he did a huge number. So, is anyone interested in this? What are your thoughts?

BEER----> Interesting. Yes 'Spike TV' is a cable station here in the States, and it's a guy station. It was probably started cause of 'OH' and 'WE'. But, this sounds like a good program to check out.

BELCH

i get Spike TV and yes the programming is gear towards men. I think they show old episodes of CSI on it. Thanks for the heads up on the Gilligan/Spotnitz project.........i cant wait to see it

I hope this goes well for them (they deserve it!) but messing with human DNA was done in Threshold. Which I still enjoy!

[Moved to the Millennium Connection!]