Was The Song Love Is Blue In A Movie ?

Rate this topic

Guest The Wicker Man

Guest The Wicker Man

Hello group, I was watching a room with no view from season 2, and i swear ive heard this song in a movie any ideas on what that might be?

• Elders (Moderators)

Welcome, Wicker Man!

I've had a look at Paul Mauriat's page on imdb. If you go to his page:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0561098/

and look under "Miscellaneous Crew - filmography", you'll see an entry for "The Kid Stays In the Picture". That was a 2002 documentary movie about Paramount producer Robert Evans.

Apart from "Sister Act" which featured another song written by him, all the other movies listed for him were made in France back in the 1960s.

"The Kid Stays In the Picture" seems the most likely movie, though imdb.com isn't always accurate.

Guest SouthernCelt
Welcome, Wicker Man!

I've had a look at Paul Mauriat's page on imdb. If you go to his page:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0561098/

and look under "Miscellaneous Crew - filmography", you'll see an entry for "The Kid Stays In the Picture". That was a 2002 documentary movie about Paramount producer Robert Evans.

Apart from "Sister Act" which featured another song written by him, all the other movies listed for him were made in France back in the 1960s.

"The Kid Stays In the Picture" seems the most likely movie, though imdb.com isn't always accurate.

I can remember the song being on an album my dorm roommate had back in the 60's when I was in college. If I remember correctly it was a collection of Paul Mauriat songs some of which had been used in movies, probably French or other foreign production. I think it also got some airplay as a single on stations that took pride in playing "cultured" music, not the "long-haired hippy acid rock stuff ." (While I was into "Inna-Gada-Da-Vida," :rock2: my roommate most definitely wasn't so the music we listened to varied quite significantly.)