I Just Now Realized

Rate this topic

I started watching MM all over again and going through all 3 seasons. I now just noticed Stephen E Miller has duo roles of Det Kamm and McClaren. Why does Chris Carter do that? to save money? I looked up Miller to find he was in the movie The Stepfather with O'Quinn and he was also in the pilot for The X-Files

Guest Laurent.

I believe he once said that they keep recasting the same actors because they've used every good actors in Vancouver. But I think that it also saved them money. :laugh_elf:

Edited by Laurent.

Guest chrisnu

Vancouver may have had a smaller talent pool than LA; that may be one reason actors frequently played not only multiple characters during a shows' series, but also on many different shows. I've been watching Da Vinci's Inquest on WGN, and many actors from 1013 productions, including Stephen E. Miller, have had guest roles, or star on the show (Nicholas Campbell, Ian Tracey, Sarah-Jane Redmond). Also, maybe they just like working together! Familiarity can be a good thing. Filmmakers also seem to get the same actors cast parts in multiple films of theirs.

Edited by chrisnu

Familiarity can be a good thing.

True, very true. It helps to be working with people you're close to in this business. You can see, in long-running tv shows, that the acting....or rather, the *interacting* gets much better over time.

Personaly, I liked the 10-13 actor recycling program. It makes it all seem more like one big family, and it's then easier to get into the story.