Writers Required

Rate this topic

Guest ZeusFaber

Guest ZeusFaber

As you may or may not be aware, a project was started up several months ago by fellow TIWWA member <O> for a virtual Season 5 -- you may have seen the sub-folder on the forum main-page. For a variety of reasons, the project has dwindled and lost energy in recent times, and is now a flame in danger of going out.

Several team-members were brought aboard in a variety of departments (multimedia artists as well as writers), including myself as a fellow Executive Producer alongside <O> who came up with this great idea. A general tone, setting and approach were ironed out, and two first-draft scripts were readied along with a few additional outlines for future episodes.

However, there is still a great deal to be done, and many empty slots that need filling with episode ideas. To be honest, it is in the active writing department that we are in most need of additional blood. If you are interested and feel you could positively contribute to this project (or better yet are ready, willing and able to write a professionally-formatted teleplay), please speak up in this thread.

Although our main aims and directional tones have been laid out, there is still plenty of time to contribute to the shape of the season. Even if you're not prepared to come aboard as a regular team-member, we would still very much appreciate "freelance" pitches.

What we really need is an injection of new enthusiasm to make this thing a reality and not die off as nothing more than a good idea.

Although I understand that project-instigator and Executive Producer <O> is still a little busy, I hope I speak for us both in asking for a new show of hands. Over to you.

OK....

...I'll bite.

Since now I'm almost done with my contributions to the MA movie project, I'll be able to give this more of my energy.

Please, can you direct me to the thread title, and let me in on what's going on? This is what makes me the most apprehensive about things like this....Lack of communication and not knowing what is expected of me.

Zeus, I would also like to get more involved (I'd like to write a script) than I have been, but I cannot access the locked forum on ANY pc. When I enter the password, it's says that I am granted access, and then it re-prompts me for the password again? It must be a cookie problem, but I can't figure it out.

I CAN access the locked forum no problem with my msntv box, though. I haven't been able to download episodes one & two or to read them because of this. I cannot write a script on my webtv box because of lack of a hard drive. If I can get this issue resolved then I could use my girlfriend's pc to write a script and to upload it to the locked site. Please help.

Since the upgrade I can only use fast reply with my msntv box, I can no longer pm or edit or post with the normal posting tool, it doesn't recognize that I've entered anything in the post field and prompts me to enter something. I must get a pc somehow...

Guest ModernDayMoriarty

I did approach O about becoming a writer but I was left unsure of how to proceed. He was generally very pleasant and positive but refused to be drawn on what tone you were looking for and how in fact you were planning to run things given that the Millennium had passed. I also gathered that the new series would see a departure from the S2 friendly style of S4. Does that mean that no reference to it is welcome? Are the same characters being used etc etc?

I wanted to participate but with such limited information, it is all but impossible to come up with story arcs. If I could just learn a bit more about where you intend to go then I would really like to contribute. But all this shooting in the dark is just too hard.

Guest ZeusFaber

Hi Zohar.

I've sent a PM to everyone else in this thread, but since I fear you may not be able to receive it I will simply reply here.

I will investigate your technical problems with the Old Man and get back to you.

Hopefull we'll be able to sort something out.

Guest ZeusFaber

Yes Joe, you're a much appreciated team member. I'm not sure which submissions you're referring to though - I thought we'd put a couple of your episodes up on the roadmap already. Sorry if something's been missed though, probably another symptom of our collective loss of energy. Point it out to me and I'll get right on it.

Zeus, I would also like to get more involved (I'd like to write a script) than I have been, but I cannot access the locked forum on ANY pc. When I enter the password, it's says that I am granted access, and then it re-prompts me for the password again? It must be a cookie problem, but I can't figure it out.

I CAN access the locked forum no problem with my msntv box, though. I haven't been able to download episodes one & two or to read them because of this. I cannot write a script on my webtv box because of lack of a hard drive. If I can get this issue resolved then I could use my girlfriend's pc to write a script and to upload it to the locked site. Please help.

Since the upgrade I can only use fast reply with my msntv box, I can no longer pm or edit or post with the normal posting tool, it doesn't recognize that I've entered anything in the post field and prompts me to enter something. I must get a pc somehow...

Are you on AOL? AOL gives me a hard time sometimes. (putting it mildly)

No AOL. My girlfriend's pc is using Windows xp, IE & MSN on broadband PPPoE. I also tried to get on at work, which is on a big broadband network, PPPoE, & not AOL. I also tried on a friend's MSN2 box which is running on DHCP cable modem.

All prompt me for the password again, after telling me that I have access to the forum after typing it in the first time.

But for some reason, my msn1 box using dial-up has always been able to access the locked forum, but I cannot view PDF files with it.

Any ideas,Graham?

• Elders (Admins)

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having troubles. Have you checked the help pages on this?

What I can do is create a new password salt, cookie and reset your password to see if that helps, it has before. Let me know if you want me to do this but first make sure you are using a valid up to date email address that I can send confirmation of your password to.

PPPoE unless I'm mistaken is a type of broadband protocol not an ISP like AOL, Wanadoo etc.

I doubt anyone would name their company after a protocol, so I imagine you must be with someone else if its not AOL. Its almost always down to a security setting in the browser or firewall that causes these problems, the board may be trying to put a cookie on your system stating you are logged in but it either cannot do so or it cannot it read it back when you try to access a non-guest page. I have seen this problem using IE in work behind the WAN's firewall but using Firefox cures it. Give another browser a try too.