Writers Required

Rate this topic

Guest ZeusFaber

• Elders (Admins)

Ok, should all be set up now and those who are on the team will be seeing the forum, those who are not will not know its there. Apologies once again for the recent problems that some members experienced with the passworded forums.

Graham

Guest Everlast

I'm not as good of a writer as most of you, but some of my experiences have given me some ideas. I live in south Mississippi and my father is an insurance adjuster (He goes to homes after disasters and "writes up" the damage sustained to homes). I was thinking after this hurricane Katrina thing we had down here that Frank Black could retire and go into the insurance adjusting business. He walks into a freshly-devastated house and asks the owner what kind of damages he sustained. "For one, the rain ruined my carpet," the guy says. All of a sudden Frank has the "vision" of the man dumping water on the carpet himself and calls his bluff. Intriging?

Guest ZeusFaber

Unfortunately, this is not currently an area we are looking to explore in the Virtual Season 5. Plans are already in place for where Frank will be working, and this doesn not involve insurance adjusting. The early planning stages are now complete, and what we are really looking for is experienced teleplay writers.

Thank you for your interest nonetheless.

Guest ZeusFaber

Just another quick appeal, we are still seeking writers confident with the teleplay format for the Virtual Season 5, either on a regular or "freelance" basis.

We have plans for tone and direction, but we need people to step forward with the enthusiasm, ability and time to write an episode or two.

If you think you might be interested or know of someone who might not have seen this topic, please post a reply.

• 1 month later...
Guest colts45

Yeah this sounds cool.

the only thing i could not do would be build the site

Has anyone created it yet?

Let me get this straight you want to contiue were asendorf left off?

shouldnt we ask him first?

:yes::rock2:

Just another quick appeal, we are still seeking writers confident with the teleplay format for the Virtual Season 5, either on a regular or "freelance" basis.

We have plans for tone and direction, but we need people to step forward with the enthusiasm, ability and time to write an episode or two.

If you think you might be interested or know of someone who might not have seen this topic, please post a reply.

I'm sorry I haven't been on here much. Other matters on the board have been demanding my attention.

I'd feel more confident about writing if I knew more of the background. Maybe I should not have volunteered for this without having read all of VS4. I could try to do one or more on a "freelance" basis, but I'm just concerned that it won't be what you're looking for, or in a perfect format like you want it, since I'm not confident enough to try to download and use some software for scriptwriting, like you suggested.

Suggestions...? Am I just dead weight?

Guest ZeusFaber
Yeah this sounds cool.

the only thing i could not do would be build the site

Has anyone created it yet?

Let me get this straight you want to contiue were asendorf left off?

shouldnt we ask him first?

:yes::rock2:

The project is fully underway, and we are operating out of a private subforum here at TIWWA. A host location to "air" the episodes when we eventually premiere is still under discussion, and will be announced nearer the time. Basically though, there is no site that needs to be built or maintained, to answer your question.

As for the project itself, it is by no means a direct continuation of the virtual fourth season. It is an ongoing addition to the Millennium franchise which simply respects the fact that there has been one virtual season already done. We are in no way affiliated with the the makers of the VS4 or their work.

Guest ZeusFaber
I'm sorry I haven't been on here much. Other matters on the board have been demanding my attention.

I'd feel more confident about writing if I knew more of the background. Maybe I should not have volunteered for this without having read all of VS4. I could try to do one or more on a "freelance" basis, but I'm just concerned that it won't be what you're looking for, or in a perfect format like you want it, since I'm not confident enough to try to download and use some software for scriptwriting, like you suggested.

Suggestions...? Am I just dead weight?

Good to hear from you again. No apologies neccessary, and you are by no means considered dead weight.

My advice would be to head over to the private forum and dig in (I presume you are able to access it with no problems?). Particularly focus on the Show Bible topic, that should give you all the background you need.

Also, never fear that you wont hit upon what we're looking for. Pitches are always welcome. If your first one isn't the kind of story we're looking for, chances are the second one will be. For just a one-off "freelance" episode, we should be able to overcome any challenges -- it will certainly be worth it!

Thanks, Zeus.

I'll look over the "Bible" this evening.

Can you please PM me the password again? AOL can be a bit of a hassle sometimes, and I may have to use Netscape or something to access the forums.

I appreciate your saying you liked the one idea I pitched in there a few weeks ago. I was reluctent to do an outline, because of my worrys about script format. But, once you've read the story, I think you'll like it.

Another "stand alone" could be taken from a fanfic I've already written, that you may or may not have read. (it'd need a little re-arranging) More on that later....

Okay. I want in for this V season. Wan't around the fandom for the first one, and always wished I had been, even to have a least virtually "viewed" it as each episode "aired".

I might like to possibly do some 1013 stytle humour episodes, as well as be involved with the writting of serious eps, looking for the opportunities to interject some 1013 style humour.

I might also like to do some crossover stuff with characters from other 1013 shows (some main characters, some lesser characters, and some one off or obscure crossover charaters), if there is any room for that in VS5.

Can I have in on the private forum?

Regards,

Selfo