The Lost Christmas Eve

Rate this topic

Guest SouthernCelt

Guest SouthernCelt

Have any of you heard the Christmas album by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra -- "The Lost Christmas Eve"? I got this a week or so ago primarily to get a copy of the instrumental "Wizards in Winter." They should have put a label on the cover telling the listener to read either the prose version of the story that the album cuts are written around or at least read the "lyrics" that are associated with the story. (Some of the songs are instrumental and have no lyrics sung audibly but have poetry that continues the story in verse between the songs with audible lyrics.)

The musical styles in the album are very diverse, ranging from dynamic orchestral classical-sounding pieces to blues and jazz. :rock2:

To me the story has a lot of MM-like aspects and it definitely grabs the heart (unless you're Legion in disguise).

Go here to read the "lyrics" that are also printed in the booklet that accompanies the album. Unfortunately the prose version of the story isn't on the 'net as far as I can tell.

Interestingly, as I'm writing this, an ad came on the local rock station for a Trans-Siberian Orchestra Christmas Eve special in which some of the cuts from the album will be performed. Some of you in the US might want to check to see if a local station in your area will carry this.

Here's what the disk cover looks like:

post-386-1135258423_thumb.jpg

:christmas_elf: