Flagship Episode

Rate this topic

Guest Ashitaka

Guest Ashitaka

HI there,

I am new on the forums and kind of new to MillenniuM (just seen all episodes once). Now some friends of mine got curious as I was telling them all the time about how much I like MillenniuM that they want to see an episode too.

Which one would you show someone who has never seen an episode before (and will most likely never see an other again)?

Of course it should be a standalone ep with not too much references to Group consipiracies (as some eps in season 2)... Advice is much appreciated as I do not remember all the eps and I really would like to show some friends MillenniuM at its very best!:)

• Elders (Moderators)

Hi, Ashitaka,

I'd simply show them the series pilot - it's a great episode which introduces the series very well and has a nice cliffhanger at the end.

• Elders (Admins)

Hi welcome to This Is Who We Are! :ouro:

I agree the Pilot would be my choice. Although there are even better episode to come, it sets the tone and and means if your friends want to get into the series they can continue with Gehenna. In fact why not arrange a viewing of the first disc?

Graham

Guest Ashitaka

Thanks for your very fast answers. I see, MillenniuM really is still alive. Strangely even more than the x-files?!...

anyway, of course I thought about the Pilot as well. High quality production, well written. But as I saw it the second time some days ago I had the second thought that infact there are far more powerful and better eps to come...

the idea about a session including the whole first disk seems not too bad, however I am not sure if I'd have to restrain them to theyr seats not to leave ... :)

Guest ZeusFaber

I think the answer to this question depends very much on your target audience, rather than there being one definitive answer.

If I were showing it to a group of people who already have a passion for quality scripted drama and top television shows, I would indeed start with the pilot as others have indicated (I would also not neccessarily agree with the above suggestions that the series later produced far better episodes - I still hold the pilot to be one of the most perfect encapsulations of Millennium).

If I were showing it to a group of people who like sweet fairytale-like stories and a feelgood sense of paranormal wonder, I would perhaps choose "Omerta".

If I were showing it to a group of frat boys who just want alot of shlock horror and gore, I would go with "The Pest House".

If I were showing it to someone who has just read "The Da Vinci Code" and grown obsessed with its subject matter, I would choose "Anamnesis".

But for someone with serious fan-potential, I would stick with the likes of the pilot or "Lamentation". Important to consider the audience though.

Guest betweenthelines

And if your friend likes atmospheric, somber horror-type stories, there's 'The Curse of Frank Black'. A great episode in general, but perfect for Halloween. I do think that it would be best to start with 'Pilot' and 'Gehenna', as they introduce themes and plotlines that are mentioned in later episodes.

• 1 month later...

Yes, it totally depends on what kind of audience you have.

The pilot is an episode for all kinds of audiences, so if you show this one, you can't go wrong. It has all the aspects of a good millennium show. Investigations, horror, killers, sci-fi,...

And then you can pick your episode in accordance to your audience.

ps: you're lucky you have friends who are interested, cause frankly my friends think it's just an ordinary sci-fi show, but we know better don't we.

• Elders (Admins)

We sure do! I mentioned Millennium to someone a few weeks ago, he took a look at my website and said "ugh, science fiction. You're not into that are you?". I'd have chinned him if he wasn't my boss!

I've since found out he loves Battlestar Galactica!

We sure do! I mentioned Millennium to someone a few weeks ago, he took a look at my website and said "ugh, science fiction. You're not into that are you?". I'd have chinned him if he wasn't my boss!

I've since found out he loves Battlestar Galactica!

Ugggg! :doh: