Millennium Book?

Rate this topic

Guest Gorgon

I recently saw a notice in 'Sight and Sound' magazine, published by the British Film Institute (BFI), about a new book series entitled 'BFI TV Classics'. They currently have short books on TV series such as 'Doctor Who', 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' and the 'The Office'. Might this be a possible avenue for publishing a book on 'MillenniuM'? Further details from www.bfi.org.uk/books

I recently saw a notice in 'Sight and Sound' magazine, published by the British Film Institute (BFI), about a new book series entitled 'BFI TV Classics'. They currently have short books on TV series such as 'Doctor Who', 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' and the 'The Office'. Might this be a possible avenue for publishing a book on 'MillenniuM'? Further details from www.bfi.org.uk/books

i doubt it to be honest, rather annoyingly MM is not considered a "classic" by most, but most are foolish ...so who knows?

oh and merry xmas people!

Guest ZeusFaber

I still wish Jane Goldman's Official Companion had been published.

What I wouldn't give for a bumper all-3-seasons book on Millennium, in the same vein as the Official Guides to all TXF seasons (and countless other shows).

• Elders (Admins)
I still wish Jane Goldman's Official Companion had been published.

What I wouldn't give for a bumper all-3-seasons book on Millennium, in the same vein as the Official Guides to all TXF seasons (and countless other shows).

Yes Jane's book should be released right away since the show is now available on DVD! Hell they could have promoted on the DVD's themselves instead of poisoning them with trailers for forthcoming films that quickly become out of date. :angryred:

Guest Mr Noir

Hi there!

It's a shame there aren't any books about season 3. That's what my brother and I thought. So we decided to write our own. ;) Still writing on the book.

We'll write about every episode, critics, analysis, background stories, about characters and actors, serial killers and so on.

It's a lot of work but it's a lot of fun. :)

We hope we find a publisher for the book. :ouro:

Guest Mr Noir

We'll write about all seasons, background stories and critics included. ;)

Sounds brilliant. Will the book cover all three seasons, or is that too daunting a task?

On the subject of the divine-flame-haired La Goldman: she is credited, on Amazon UK, as the author of two Millennium books.

The Official "Millennium" Companion

Product Details:

# Paperback 288 pages (November 1997)

# Publisher: HarperCollins

# Language: English

# ISBN: 0061053848

Which is listed as 'out of stock' and I have always assumed this was the unreleased companion she penned for HarperCollins and...

The Official Guide to "Millennium"

Product Details:

# Hardcover 240 pages (April 6, 1998)

# Publisher: HarperCollins

# Language: English

# ISBN: 0002558858

Which has an estimated delivery date of four to six weeks. Can anyone shed any light on this or is this is a simple case of amazon-error? T'would seem that the details differ sufficiently to allude to two distinct(ish) tomes.

Anyone ever dared to order?

Till then,

eth

Guest ZeusFaber

I could be wrong, but I believe this is just the separate listings for the paperback and hardback editions of the unpublished book.

As for the slightly different titles and the fact that the second one is technically orderable, I put that down to one of many Amazon errors. I wouldn't try ordering it if I were you, as I've had many instances of Amazon providing false or misleading information under their "Availability" heading, and you will probably never hear any feedback from them and just end up with an eternally unfulfilled order unless you nag them with multiple emails.

I wish this book had been released, but since we know that Fox (via HarperCollins) never agreed to bankroll its publication, we know that neither of the above "Official" titles can exist.

Edited by ZeusFaber