Lance At Dead Man

Rate this topic

Guest Mr Noir

Guest Mr Noir

Hi there!

I think you forgot one of the best roles Lance ever played... ;)

Cole Wilson on "Dead Man".

The movie is very cool. Not only cause the fact that Jim Jarmusch is one of the best directors.

I love Lance' role in this film.

What do you think about the movie and Lance' as Cole Wilson? :clapping:

Edited by Mr Noir

• 2 years later...
Hi there!

I think you forgot one of the best roles Lance ever played... ;)

Cole Wilson on "Dead Man".

The movie is very cool. Not only cause the fact that Jim Jarmusch is one of the best directors.

I love Lance' role in this film.

What do you think about the movie and Lance' as Cole Wilson? :clapping:

This was without question the best film that Lance has ever been in.

Guest SeanDubh

Agreed. What a great cast in that film... Lance, Johnny Depp, Crispin Glover, Robert Mitchum, Iggy Pop, Alfred Molina, John Hurt, Crispin Hellion Glover... Jim Jarmusch is the man.

• 1 year later...

It's not a massive role Richard but don't let that put you off. When he does appear he is simply brilliant as the cannibalistic Cole and with a cast list as dignified and impressive as the one brought together for this film, it simply doesn't matter who's on screen as they are all superb. I know it's a love/hate film and not everyone will come away from a viewing believing they have seen something special but I certainly did. Jim Jarmusch is a luminary (Ghost Dog is an awesome film too) and I would advise anyone who hasn't checked out his work to do so. You are in for a ride unlike any other.

Eth

Guest WaveCrest

I remember reading when the film came out that in some reviews they said Dead Man was a really slow film. I also got the impression that Jim Jarmusch's films have a slow pace.

I remember reading when the film came out that in some reviews they said Dead Man was a really slow film. I also got the impression that Jim Jarmusch's films have a slow pace.

Sorry to jump in, but you're absolutely correct. Jarmusch's films are pretty slow...generally speaking. Though I think Dead Man might constitute as being one of his "lively" movies (along w/ maybe Night on Earth and aforementioned Ghost Dog) though I'd say Dead Man is a more poetic movie, with references to William Blake, the bleak landscape of the frontier American West confronting Western industrialism/progress, a beautiful portrayal of Native Americans...well researched but a minimalistic approach, the story itself is kinda like a mythic tale of a journey of life to death, from East to West. Then you have the dark humour of bounty hunter characters (which Lance plays one of them) laid on top...

Am I selling the movie well enough? :-P

• 5 months later...

Nice brand, spanking new "Dead Man" article online for you to enjoy folks. If you haven't seen the film check it out. This may well convince to watch it and I promise you you won't regret it.

Eth