Sign in to follow this  
SouthernCelt

Lost

For all those who have been following LOST on US TV, the first new episode after the holiday hiatus was on last night (immediately after a the-story-thus-far recap episode. This one centered around Mr. Eko, the big Nigerian fellow that speaks softly and carries a big stick. Flashbacks showed his experiences in Africa that resulted in his life conflicts that are shaping his future (and may be why he's even on the island). He's connected to the heroin smuggling plane that Boone and Locke found in S1 and, since Charlie has some of the dope (hidden within the statuettes of the Virgin Mary), he's now connected to Eko. The big scene came near the end of the ep when Eko had to confront the "monster" much as Locke did late in S1. This time though the audience gets to see a lot more of the "monster" and can begin to refine conjecture on what it really is. :eyes:

See screen caps from that scene here. :kewlpics:

Here's a cropped "teaser" pic to get you interested:

post-386-1137092127_thumb.jpg

BEER---> It was a good ep. LOve the captions you sent.

BELCH

yeah! thanks for the screen shots!

Interesting how Mr. Eko's confrontation with the "monster" was just like Locke's. Two "men of faith" that seem to have been spared by the island.

Hm, so me thinks not only can speculations continue on the material form of the "monster", but with the mirroring experiences of Locke and Eko, whispers in the woods, phantom people (as Walt) in the brush, and "dream sequences"....what does that say about possible mind reading capabilities of the island/monster and how that plays into the bigger picture of the Lost mystery.

What does this say about subliminal advertising!!

I watched this on TV and saw maybe one flash in the cloud. This is frightening on many levels!

I'm not reading anything from this thread becasue in the UK S1 just finished and S2 starts in the Spring! That photo looked so good though!

I just chugged through season 1 on DVD last week. I think it's a great series. I wish I had been able to watch season 2 from the beginning. I hate to start watching a show like this mid-season when I have no clue what's going on. So as much as I hate to wait, it looks like I'm going to have to either wait for the season 2 DVD or download the episodes and catch up.

You might look to see if iTunes has LOST episodes available for download since many networks are getting into the game of making episodes of certain shows available for download for a small fee per episode (I think about $1.99 per episode).