Millennium Season's 2 & 3 Have The Best Transfers I've Seen For Tv Dvd.

Rate this topic

Guest Sanitarium

Guest Sanitarium

I just got a 42" Sony rear projection LCD HDTV so naturally it's time to watch Millennium again. I must say the transfers look incredible. I'm really impressed with the way Fox handled the series on DVD, from a technical standpoint. The picture is extremely clean and film like with no grain to be found. It looks better then any other TV on DVD, even shows that were shot last year.

I wish season one had been shot in widescreen because 2 & 3 really benefit from the 1.78:1 ratio. Outdoor scenes of the Vancouver setting really look great. One thing I would have liked to see would have been a 5.1 soundtrack. At any rate the stereo sounds very nice. It goes without saying, but if you want to experience Millennium in a whole new way get yourself a 16:9 TV and a progressive scan DVD player. You won't be disappointed.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Demolition Man

There has been some other tremendously well done sets as well as of lately including the "24" boxsets (minus Season 1 which was so-so). What helped Fox I would presume however is that MM has been given a LOT of love during production which shows in the transfers.

• Elders (Admins)

Good point Demolition Man! Robert McLachlan's photography and use of colour was simply superb.

42" of Millennium goodness? I envy you! It still looks great on a 32" Widescreen TV though! I wish it had 5.1 sound though, my only missgiving.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest zombieromero

I also have a 42" widescreen HDTV and Millennium looks awesome on it. I recently got a decent 5.1 surround system and it sound fantastic through it! I only recently got a HDTV and 5.1 surround system as you need one to get the best out of an Xbox 360. Also the 360's dvd drive upscales DVD's to a certain degree so Millennium looks even better!

• 1 year later...
Guest ender.wiggin

I am re-watching the entire series for the first time in 10 years on my 46" SONY LCD and the sharpness and image quality is amazing for a DVD. I am also very pleased.

• 7 months later...

I don't know. I recently purchased all three seasons (the region 1 dvds), I haven't watched season 1 yet - except for the extras - and I'm watching season 2 now - and I do see picture quality problems when it comes to night scenes/dark scenes (for example in the first episode when Frank is in the cellar of the polaroid stalker). The daylight scenes are sharp and beautiful. I watched the season 3 dvd set first, and the transfer was perfect - no such problems there

Edited by KTL

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tjmasiakowski

My first viewing of Millennium was on a 15''

laptop monitor which had tendency to black

out for no apparent reason during the watching.

Now I am watching the series on a purple

blinking 17'' LCD, which doesn't really make

a difference in the impression (in comparison

to earlier laptop). It would be really amazing

to watch it in a full-blast way like on HDTV.

Anyway, I don't have any plans to buy a home

cinema set in any near time. I'm just

a poor student let's say... ;)