What's the best music ever used...?

Rate this topic

Guest Polaroid Stalker

What's the best music ever used...?  

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 years later...
<font color='#000000'>Vote now for the best MillenniuM Season Two music in your opinion! :cool:</font>

First of all.... whaaaaassssaaaap, Polaroid! Haven't chatted with you directly since I have been back. Good to see you are still stalkin the board!

Of Season 2, I think the best musical moment is during Beware the Dog, in the very beginning. Karen Carpenter singing away "Close to You" while the old couple are attacked by vicious dogs. I had never seen moment like that ever if film or tv up to the point I saw that. I really has stuck in my mind since the first time I saw it. Brilliant!

Guest Laurent.

I voted for In The Year 2525 by Zager and Evans... the grandiose aspect of the song and the pessimistic lyrics about the end of man definitely fit well with the second season finale. But, Prelude to Parsifal is a close second. I really liked the way M&W brought more source music (right expression?) to MM. Even though I'm not a big fan of Bobby :embarassed:

Edited by Laurent.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Elders (Moderators)

I voted for the Overture from "Parsifal" by Richard Wagner. Despite the old cliche Germans-Nazis-Wagner I think this wonderful piece of music adds a very tragic element to the happenings in that episode.

Guest Laurent.
Despite the old cliche Germans-Nazis-Wagner...

Hahaha, I never even thought of that. I just thought it fitted well with the Old Man.

• 1 year later...
Hahaha, I never even thought of that. I just thought it fitted well with the Old Man.
WOW, not a single mention of Tchaikovsky and his contribution to the series. From the soaring, ethereal opening of "Lamentations" (French Overture Solonelle 1812) to "Midnight of the Century" (The Nutcracker Suite Allegretto (Arabian Dance))....with all the wonderfully brilliant work from Marc Snow, these two inclusions still, to this day and without reservation, are my favorite...

4th Horseman

Guest SeanDubh

I voted for Horses by Patti Smith, because that was my favorite album of all time before I even saw the show, and when they suddenly played Land in it's entirety, and associated it with Lara, wow, one of the greatest moments of my life.

My favorite use of music on the show though was definately Love Is Blue.

Edited by SeanDubh

• 10 months later...
Guest Verbal_Kint
I voted for Horses by Patti Smith, because that was my favorite album of all time before I even saw the show, and when they suddenly played Land in it's entirety, and associated it with Lara, wow, one of the greatest moments of my life.

My favorite use of music on the show though was definately Love Is Blue.

Amen to that!

The use of Love Is Blue in A Room with No View is absolutely amazing. Actually, that whole episode is amazing, my favourite. I voted for Horses, though.

Just about every time I listen to MLM music I hear the music from Omerta first. I also like the music from Force Majuere but it's not on a CD yet. It's hard picking a favorite, so I must agree with the 4th Horseman, the list is incomplete. So, I'm going to be a party poop and not vote. :confused: