What's the best music ever used...?

Rate this topic

Guest Polaroid Stalker

What's the best music ever used...?  

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Go on Darlene have a vote, treat yourself :)

The original poster was referring to musical tracks, rather than Snow's original compositions, the were used in the various season two episodes which is the primary reason that Snow's compositions from the first and third seasons are not on the list. That said, it is incomplete, glaringly so with Dancing Barefoot, Love is Blue, Close to You, Hell and numerous others missing from the list. Dancing Barefoot or Love is Blue would be my choices were they there but, since they're not, I'm going with In the year 2525, what else is a boy to do eh?

Eth

Okay Mark, I'll have a go at it. If my memory hasn't failed me, isn't "Close To You" the Carpenters? Can't watch it since my season 2 is on it's way to Chris. Bet it's in the episode info. That's my vote out of it all and here's hoping my memory is in tact. :praying:

Gadzooks,

Close to You is on the list, that's what comes of viewing the screen with rampaging hayfever and eyes so swollen it's like looking at the world through pinholes lol And yes, it is the Carpenters.

I stand corrected.

Eth

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

First of all.... whaaaaassssaaaap, Polaroid! Haven't chatted with you directly since I have been back. Good to see you are still stalkin the board!

Of Season 2, I think the best musical moment is during Beware the Dog, in the very beginning. Karen Carpenter singing away "Close to You" while the old couple are attacked by vicious dogs. I had never seen moment like that ever if film or tv up to the point I saw that. I really has stuck in my mind since the first time I saw it. Brilliant!

I'm also of the opinion that that has become something of an industry standard these days. Morgan and Wong were incredibly fond of juxtaposing an intense scene with a musical choice that seemed so glaringly at odds with what was occurring on screen that it made it all the more jarring. The opening to "Beware of The Dog" seems to have been the template used by Jeffrey Bell on The X-Files' "Rain King". It's one of my favourite episodes of THe X-Files purely because it's heart-warming cheese but it's not hard to see the influence of Morgan and Wong on the script when Clayton Rohner is attacked, if you will, by hailstones whilst The Carterpenters' "Rainy Days and Mondays" blares out from his car radio.

Eth

Guest Jim McLean

Have to say Love is Blue is a sad omission there and as Eth said, Dancing Barefoot, which to me is the most evocative use of music within season 2. Out of the list provided I'd say Horses, but that's way below Dancing Barefoot and Love is Blue.