Dead Letters

Rate this topic

Guest A Stranger

I don't think it's Legion at all. I see it simply as a symbol of the "bad dreams" that Frank thinks he can keep Jordan from. Bad dreams exist becuase bad things exist in the world, which is the point of the episode. Jim Horn wants to know how Frank can do this job and he says nothing but the next scene is Jordan coming to Frank for comfort having had another bad dream. That's why he does it. I don't think the clown represents anything other than something terrifying, which I have to say, it is.

On a similar note, the clown in the wall, upside down seems very similar to something you would see in a dream to me as does Frank watching over himself throught the whole in the floor in "The Thin White Line," bothe Morgan and Wong episodes.

I don't think it's Legion at all. I see it simply as a symbol of the "bad dreams" that Frank thinks he can keep Jordan from. Bad dreams exist becuase bad things exist in the world, which is the point of the episode. Jim Horn wants to know how Frank can do this job and he says nothing but the next scene is Jordan coming to Frank for comfort having had another bad dream. That's why he does it. I don't think the clown represents anything other than something terrifying, which I have to say, it is.

On a similar note, the clown in the wall, upside down seems very similar to something you would see in a dream to me as does Frank watching over himself throught the whole in the floor in "The Thin White Line," bothe Morgan and Wong episodes.

In the words of Keanu Reeves, "Whao!" Spot on! Great insight. I have never heard anyone articulate this before, and I think you are right on the money!

:notworthy:

• 2 years later...

That clown is seriously disturbing, clown's are a recurring motif of horror quite apposed to their true intention. There's also a clown's face seen in 'Well Worn Lock' during the abuse scenes. I believe it is one of the nightlights used to pacify children. I always note it's appearance as it reminds me of the clown Jordan dreamt of, don't know why but it's almost as if the clown is a symbol they used to signify distressing things happening to children.

Who knows?

Eth

post-1185-1234801607_thumb.jpg

Guest Laurent.
Wow this old thread of mine started in 2006. I always wonder what happen to Zombie Romero.

I also wonder. I never discussed a lot with him, but I do remember reading a lot of his posts back in my lurking days... and he had such a cool signature!