Dead Letters

Rate this topic

Guest frankblack13

this episode wasn't really my favorite only because that guy that Frank Black was working with, James (I think) was so annoying closedeyes.gif

Guest RodimusBen

this episode wasn't really my favorite only because that guy that Frank Black was working with, James (I think) was so annoying closedeyes.gif

Agreed. This is really a dud of an episode. Everything that the "James" character brings to Millennium, Frank himself brings, without being annoying or whiny.

Guest RodimusBen

Although I did find the one scene where the kid walks in on all the pictures of the dismembered corpses to be hilarious. Not because of that, but because of the way the stupid wife reacts:

JAMES: T.C. get out! Get out of here!

CINDY: Jim, stop it! He couldn't wait all week to see you and now...

CINDY: You know how I feel about him ever seeing those.

JAMES: That's why I told him to get out!

CINDY: You knew I was dropping him off. You should have taken them down.

JAMES: I said 4 o'clock.

CINDY: He wanted to surprise you!

There's logic for you. So it's his fault that he didn't psychically know you were going to show up early and thus didn't take the photos down.

Edited by RodimusBen

Guest frankblack13

Although I did find the one scene where the kid walks in on all the pictures of the dismembered corpses to be hilarious. Not because of that, but because of the way the stupid wife reacts:

JAMES: T.C. get out! Get out of here!

CINDY: Jim, stop it! He couldn't wait all week to see you and now...

CINDY: You know how I feel about him ever seeing those.

JAMES: That's why I told him to get out!

CINDY: You knew I was dropping him off. You should have taken them down.

JAMES: I said 4 o'clock.

CINDY: He wanted to surprise you!

There's logic for you. So it's his fault that he didn't psychically know you were going to show up early and thus didn't take the photos down.

that whole thing was such a douchebag move both of them were so stupid

• Elders (Moderators)

[snip]

That scene also struck me as being very strange. His wife would have known for years about the nature of her husband's work, and should have been much more careful and checked before letting the little boy into the office in case there were photographs on display. As for her comment that the child wanted to surprise his father - the child is two years old, so she could easily have ensured that the "surprise" occurred at the pre-arranged time rather than earlier. I don't know for sure whether the term "passive/aggressive" is correct in the little we saw of Mrs Horn, but I do wonder whether that scene was supposed to illustrate an attempt at contrived evidence-gathering for a future custody battle.

On another point: It is speculation, but in a way we're invited to speculate. Mrs Horn's name is Cindy, the same as Glen Morgan's first wife, and at around that time they were in the process of divorce. I wonder whether some of Jim Horn's comments, especially about the depersonalisation of the family by court proceedings, reflects something of what Glen Morgan was experiencing in his own life.

On another point: It is speculation, but in a way we're invited to speculate. Mrs Horn's name is Cindy, the same as Glen Morgan's first wife, and at around that time they were in the process of divorce. I wonder whether some of Jim Horn's comments, especially about the depersonalisation of the family by court proceedings, reflects something of what Glen Morgan was experiencing in his own life.

That's a very interesting tidbit Libby. Now that you have brought that to light,I have to think that it maybe exactly what was going on.

• 7 months later...

The Clown: Could go either way as a simple nightmare or a preview of things to come.

James Horn: The second problem that Frank had to deal with in this episode. I initially disliked this episode greatly becasue I thought the James Horn charactor was more annoying than the actual killer! But I now see the light....

I, too, thought the "surprise" scene seemed a bit contrived, though I did like the comment about how Glen Morgan may have made it personal with his own divorce. It is a hard swallow for a two year old to wanted to individually create that level of surprise. The other option is that Mrs. Horn was just looking for another reason to be ticked off at James and create another reason to have more leverage at the next custody hearing.

Guest teedub

I like this ep a lot, mainly for its juxtaposing of Frank and James as profilers. "You're not in his head. You're letting him get inside *your* head."

Never thought of the clown as anything other "Can't sleep. Clowns will eat me." ;-P

You guys are way smarter than me with all these nuances you find.

I like this ep a lot, mainly for its juxtaposing of Frank and James as profilers. "You're not in his head. You're letting him get inside *your* head."

Never thought of the clown as anything other "Can't sleep. Clowns will eat me." ;-P

You guys are way smarter than me with all these nuances you find.

Kind of like "Darwin's Eye," sometimes things end up being just what they appear to be. But other times.......:ouro::devil:

For me, I've just been chewing on the episodes of this show for so long and recenly found this site to help put even more new blood into my love for Millennium!