Mixing Up Millennium Video

Rate this topic

Guest liketom

Guest Estrella_16
Hi Estrella and a very warm welcome to the board!

Sadly there aren't that many MM music videos in existence and to my knowledge no site dedicated to hosting any. We had a recent discussion on this very fact here and there are people here, myself included, who are interested in creating them. One of our Elders, Toby, very kindly shared some information on the subject of fan made videos and as a result I, and hopefully others, are in the process of learning to use the tools he suggested.

Here's hoping we can become profficient enough to share our efforts.

Do you yourself make music videos?

My very best wishes to you and apologies that I could not be more helpful.

Smiles,

Eth

Hi ethsnafu! No I dont make videos :(...Id like to, but I know I wouldnt have the time. By the way, what does ethsnafu mean? does it have to do with MM? :) Anyways, its great there are pple already thinking on making vids like yourself ! :notworthy: I would like to make some vid on Catherine since The sound of Snow was really touching to me...LOL. Id never ever cried over a tv show, not even once...

One of the things that made me keep on watching season 1, when there was a lot of serial killers and blood was the fact of the yellow house, Catherine, the love she shared with Frank, and Jordan. By taking away Cath its almost like the end of the world...Franks world.

I hope they make a MM movie--....I hope Lance was correct when saying it is CCs next work!!:)

Hi Estrella,

Eth Snafu was the working title of the X-Files episode 'Jose Chung's from Outer Space' and I have a little Jose Chung fetish going on, one of the finest supporting characters from the whole 1013 canon.

Here is a link to the thread that recently discussed fan made music videos. As you can see Toby shares a little of his immense knowledge of these things and advises on appropriate software and such. I am sure you will discover something new that might set you off on a voyage of discovery.

End Time Videorama

My very best wishes,

Eth

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Estrella_16
Hi Estrella,

Eth Snafu was the working title of the X-Files episode 'Jose Chung's from Outer Space' and I have a little Jose Chung fetish going on, one of the finest supporting characters from the whole 1013 canon.

Here is a link to the thread that recently discussed fan made music videos. As you can see Toby shares a little of his immense knowledge of these things and advises on appropriate software and such. I am sure you will discover something new that might set you off on a voyage of discovery.

End Time Videorama

My very best wishes,

Eth

Thanks a lot for the thread link :d It was very helpful...I should get Adobe premiere in winter holidays this year...thatll be after XF movie and (hopefully) prior MM movie. Im sure theyll make MM movie, even if CC hasnt really spoke about it (he didnt, did he?),....

But thats another thread I guess :)

Read you later!

Estrella

Hi Estrella,

Glad you found it helpful. Premiere is a wonderful little programme. I am far from an audio-visual expert but I had a rudimentary knowledge of its basic functions within a day. I have managed three little videos, from whatever was lurking on my hardrive, without much ado and when I get the chance to rip all the Millennium episodes I need from the DVD's I shall begin tinkering around with our beloved mythos. That's the only downside, I find ripping DVD's a long, laborious and pretty uninspiring task and have to really knuckle down in order to contemplate doing it. As I want to make a Lara-centric video it means ripping at least eight episodes which feature scenes I wish to use and it seems such a horrible thing to contemplate doing.

I do hope you opt to get Premiere, I'm sure you will have great fun with it!

Best wishes,

Eth

Hi, eth...

As for your Lara video, I've long wanted to make one myself. Of course, I don't have the equipment for ripping, OR for video making! LOL Maybe I can just be your moral support in the tedious task that lies ahead of ripping 8 episodes? :notworthy:

Well here's my thing, you still might be able to help especially on the music front....

I mentioned struggling to find the right track before and you and Joe came to my aid with some fabulous tracks. Problem is, most of the music we immediately think of for Lara/Millennium is ponderous, spiritual and quite etheral which is perfect but not so great when making videos as I have found. The slower the music the less scenes can be used as switching backwards and forwards between scenes rapidly doesn't sit with a slow music track. I want to do something quite energetic to keep the viewer interested so I realised earlier on I need a suitable track with a little more 'drive' to it.

Anyone help?

Best wishes,

Eth

Here's MY thing. I still say "She Talks To Angles" by the Black Crowes is your best bet.

If you want more than one song idea, I'll ponder it during the day and post that here as well.

But, "She Talks to Angles" is just absolutely my #1 pick! I can even tell you different scenes that belong in different places. (I humbly offer myself as your director...LOL :notworthy: )

Please do angel (no pun intended)

I have a few absolute must scenes in my head but any suggestions are wholly welcome. Just to clarify here are the 'musts' so far in no particular order with no particular narrative framework in mind.

1) Owls/Roosters - Lara walks away from Peter after being dismissed from the group whilst working her booty in such a blatant manner one wonders why Kristen was allowed to get away with it. All that was needed was her whilsting the old torch song 'The Stripper'.

2) Monster - Lara alone in her living room at the conclusion of the case.

3) Siren - Lara and Frank roll around on carpert (almost). Lara glares at Catherine. Nuff said.

4) Siren - Lara calls after Frank after Peter assigns her the job of reigning him in.

5) Anamnesis - Lara received the Horses vision whilst pausing for a cigarette.

6) Anamnesis - Lara faces Ben Fisher.

7) Anamnesus - Lara breaks down in front of Catherine.

Actually it's a big list the more I think about it but you get the general idea.

Would love to hear your thoughts.

Smiles,

Eth