Episodes That Scared You

Rate this topic

Been watching some of the episodes from my Night Stalker DVD today, the two i watched where The Zombie and The Vampire. Very creepy watching Darren open the mouth of the zombie to pour in salt. The lighting in The Vampire and the way it was shot gave me goosebumps

Been watching some of the episodes from my Night Stalker DVD today, the two i watched where The Zombie and The Vampire. Very creepy watching Darren open the mouth of the zombie to pour in salt. The lighting in The Vampire and the way it was shot gave me goosebumps
i would tend to agree with you Joe, but along a different vein, i really enjoyed watching a very young Eric Braeden play the werewolf on the cruise ship. As many of you might know, he has been very successful as an actor, and is most well known as Victor on The Young and The Restless. You have to take the series with a grain of salt, its ability to not treat itself seriously, what with the blue suit Kolchak always wears, or the hat that magically stays on his head most of the time. What i would have loved to have seen was the pilot of the new Night Stalker have Darren as the father of the young son now dedicating his life to the pursuit of evil. I think it would have lent a much needed connection to the beginnings of the whole Night Stalker concept....

4th Horseman

• 4 months later...

I just bought the double feature Night Stalker / Night Strangler. Me and my little guy watched them together last night. My son told me he didn't think the two shows were scary at all once we finished watching them, then he went off to bed

About 20 minutes after he went to bed I could hear him get out bed and turn on a small light in the bathroom just outside his room. Later on me and my wife heard him scream! lol NIGHTMARE..

Wussy...... What a blast from the past.

:smokin:

• 1 month later...
Guest Frank L.

I was just cruising through older posts and saw this...

In my opinion The Night Stalker was much scarier than The Night Strangler. But the latter still has a label that says: suitable for 12 years and over.

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
I was just cruising through older posts and saw this...

In my opinion The Night Stalker was much scarier than The Night Strangler. But the latter still has a label that says: suitable for 12 years and over.

We had talked about this before, but to me the Pilot 'Night Stalker' was more of a classic vampire film with that feel. 'Night Strangler' was more contemporary, but I really liked the subterrainian mood that it created. Sorta like 'Blade 2'. Sort of... :wink:

BTW Joe, I haven't really ever watched the rest of the original series; I had heard that it got REALLY corny. But, I THINK that Netflix has the original first Season available and I THINK that it is in my queue. At your recommendation I have already snagged the new show's first Season, but I haven't watched it yet...

BTW (again) Franky, are you gonna tell us about the signature, or are we gonna hafta come over there and beat the living Sh*t outta you!!!? :bigsmile:

We had talked about this before, but to me the Pilot 'Night Stalker' was more of a classic vampire film with that feel. 'Night Strangler' was more contemporary, but I really liked the subterrainian mood that it created. Sorta like 'Blade 2'. Sort of... :wink:

BTW Joe, I haven't really ever watched the rest of the original series; I had heard that it got REALLY corny. But, I THINK that Netflix has the original first Season available and I THINK that it is in my queue. At your recommendation I have already snagged the new show's first Season, but I haven't watched it yet...

BTW (again) Franky, are you gonna tell us about the signature, or are we gonna hafta come over there and beat the living Sh*t outta you!!!? :bigsmile:

all 1970's TV series where corny. I highly recommend youi to watch the The Night Stalker/Night Strangler movies before you watch the new Night Stalker series. Mainly because Spotnitzs Night Stalker was based on the movies not the series.

The old series i do like alot but some epis where pretty hoaky, but watch it anyway.

My favs are

The Zombie

Vampire

Horror In the Heights

Chopper

Guest Frank L.
BTW (again) Franky, are you gonna tell us about the signature, or are we gonna hafta come over there and beat the living Sh*t outta you!!!?

Damn, you must want the movie just as much as I do! :yes:

Look in the 'URANUS REMOVED' thread for the info.

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
Damn, you must want the movie just as much as I do! :yes:

Look in the 'URANUS REMOVED' thread for the info.

:doh: Okay, I'm going there next!!! :angry:

• 1 month later...
Guest F_Black

Hey, I bought the DVD a couple of months ago. GAWD, that was my favorite show back then. I really remember being scared witless by the pilot vampire one, so much so that once I let my imagination get the better of me and tore upstairs out of our basement. . . . .

I think the succubus one really got to me. That just seemed to freaky to me. And the swamp monster one. And, of course, the zombie one.

But yeah, a lot of them were corny. Especially near the end. I think the very last ep had the.worst.creature.ever. It was the big lizard down in some underground facility. It just a cheap lizard suit on a man. (I mean, most of the monsters were just a guy in a suit, but this was just the worst)

Still like it though, even if it doesn't quite scare me. There were a lot of jokes that I didn't get then. Like one time Vincenzo yelled "I thought you were in the john, Updike!" Heh.