Lara Means Scene From 'the Fourth Horseman/time Is Now'

Rate this topic

Guest jackieboy

Guest jackieboy

Hi all, this is my first post but hopefully the first of many. Just rediscovering how good Millennium is with my wife as we have bought all 3 seasons on DVD and are on Millennium Marathon time now. One thing is puzzling me greatly though - in the scene where Lara Means seems to degenerate into madness in the two part arc 'Fourth Horseman/Time Is Now' there is a song that plays over it which is quite long. I desperately want to find out what it is as it is a fantastic piece of music. Can anyone help?

Hi all, this is my first post but hopefully the first of many. Just rediscovering how good Millennium is with my wife as we have bought all 3 seasons on DVD and are on Millennium Marathon time now. One thing is puzzling me greatly though - in the scene where Lara Means seems to degenerate into madness in the two part arc 'Fourth Horseman/Time Is Now' there is a song that plays over it which is quite long. I desperately want to find out what it is as it is a fantastic piece of music. Can anyone help?
The song is "Horses" by Patti Smith. Welcome to TIWWA..you will find the degree of intellectual prowess to be phenomenal here.

4th Horseman..

Guest jackieboy
hey Jackie a good source for info for each episode is a website called The Millennial AByss..heres the link

https://www.fourthhorseman.com/Abyss/Episodes/Episodes.htm

Thanks to both you guys for your help - I'm in the middle of procuring 'Horses' as we speak. I have the DVD's as well as the original british VHS releases from season One but alas there is nothing on the dvd's to indicate who the songs are by. But Im getting there so thanks to you both for your help - it is must appreciated.

I Smell Blood and an Era of Prominent Madmen

Guest SouthernCelt
Thanks to both you guys for your help - I'm in the middle of procuring 'Horses' as we speak. I have the DVD's as well as the original british VHS releases from season One but alas there is nothing on the dvd's to indicate who the songs are by. But Im getting there so thanks to you both for your help - it is must appreciated.

I Smell Blood and an Era of Prominent Madmen

If you've got the DVDs, the closing credits in each episode should show the name and performer of any non-Mark Snow music in that episode...at least that's what's on my copy of the DVDs.

Guest Lara Means

You can download or hear a preview at www.connect.com, or you can download it at HMV. I personally enjoy this song and many of the others that are present in millennium

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Janset

I discovered the show recently and this scene is awsome. One of the best thing I've ever seen actually. The scene & the song hypnotized me,thanks to MM I discovered Pattie Smith and many other artists.

:ouro:

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
I discovered the show recently and this scene is awsome. One of the best thing I've ever seen actually. The scene & the song hypnotized me,thanks to MM I discovered Pattie Smith and many other artists.

:ouro:

Oh yes! MillenniuM's use of soundZ, editing and cinematography are quite powerful. One case for myself personally (and I understand I'm in the minority, and that's okay :yes: ) is Patti Smith's 'Dancing Barefoot' used in the 2nd Season Episode "Anamnesis" (I absolutely promise NOT to go on and on about the episode since I have pummeled it quite thoroughly already :gaba: ) However, during the beginning teaser and throughtout the episode that song REALLY hit it right on the money with the perfect mood it created along with the excellent imagery and editing. To me anyway, it had a very strong connection to the 'Wicca' like dancing during the teaser, the beautiful shots through the trees, and the powerful religious, but not quite Christian (read: The Black Virgin, etc.) undercurrents throughout the show. That song is one primary reason that that particular episode resonates so strongly with me.

Have fun going through the DVDs!

• Elders (Admins)
If you've got the DVDs, the closing credits in each episode should show the name and performer of any non-Mark Snow music in that episode...at least that's what's on my copy of the DVDs.

Celt, I just picked up on what you said. As I recall, the episodes never included any information in the credits on the non-Mark Snow music. The TV episodes didn't carry it and I'm sure my UK Region 2 discs don't. I wonder if they redid the closing credits for the Region 1 US release? Could be a nice bit of trivia.

Graham