Sign in to follow this  
Guest &one

4c79:The Bridge Scene

Guest &one

I just got done wathing the pilot. And was wondering if anyone noticed or knew how it would be posible for someone to jump off a bridge and not fall into the water but hang from underneath it on a cable. And how do you suppose he got out of this situation?

:ouro: Denise ???

Yeah,  That's bugged me for a while, too. ???

Anybody got any ideas?

I can't shed any light on that particular problem, but there is a programme on BBC2 UKTV on Wednesday 23 April (and Friday 2 May) called Hollywood Science. It tries to reproduce the scenes in movies to see if they are physically possible..
The science behind the breathtaking stunts from the movies. This programme scrutinises scenes from Escape from Alcatraz, Chain Reaction and The Hollow Man.

Guest TheSunKing1972
I just can't believe that you folks are "fans" of MillenniuM and you could ask such questions.  It's MillenniuM, remember?  :thinking_big:    and please don't take this comment as me trying to be a jerk..... :wink_big:

I just can't believe that you folks are "fans" of MillenniuM and you could ask such questions.  It's MillenniuM, remember?  :thinking_big:    and please don't take this comment as me trying to be a jerk..... :wink_big:

I'd have to say sometimes there's a tendancey to analyse too much... it is tv afterall and sometimes you have to ignore things whilst raising an eyebrow...

Graham.

Guest TheSunKing1972

I'd have to say sometimes there's a tendancey to analyse too much... it is tv afterall and sometimes you have to ignore things whilst raising an eyebrow...

Graham.

I guess that's what I was trying to say The Old Man and that's why I made sure that I mentioned I wasn't trying to be a smart-arse  :wink_big:  Didn't want our fellow MillenniuM fans to over analyse what I said....there's a reason the word starts out with ANAL :rofl:

there's a reason the word starts out with ANAL

GOOD ONE SUN! :rofl:  :thumbsup_big:

~RavenWolf :Ouro_Large:  :Owls_Ouro_Large:

Graham.

.....i dunno,for a S1 that prided itself on getting even the minute details just right this is a rather obvious impossiblity. and frank was alerted to his whereabouts by a driver yelling: "HE JUMPED!....HE JUMPED OVER HERE!"-(and if he did climb,no way he could do it that fast or without gear....he'd be fishbait :~)

.....i think it fine to criticize or question these kinds of things. it's like spotting all the other kinds of details in one's favorite program,and i'll cetainly be doing a whole helluva lot more criticising,in the ep review section, when we get to the very end S2 in our yearly viewing of the full run.......(and i still have a hard time calling MM "just a TV show.")  :no_big:     :plain_big:

peace all,

se7en :ouro:

Guest Selfosophy Psycho

You know, I have reflected on this myself, and have concluded and offered up a number of possibilities in the my head.  One is that, as has been said, we just need "to go with it" and just continue with the narrative.  But, that doesn't seem quite season-one-istic, does it?  And I had actually come up with a possible/plausible explanation at one point for him being able to do this... and for the life of me, I cannot recall what I came up with, god BLANK it!

I will now be racking my brain for the next several weeks... "thanks a lot", King for drumming up this old thread!  And "many thanks" to our beloved, &one for starting it in the first place!  And, yes, I will now be going back and watching the scene... trying to "recapture the mind-set".

Great... just BLEEPIN' great!   :wink_big:

Also, I have to echo se7en's sentiments on this.  I don't think there is anything wrong in rigorously analizing our beloved show.  After all, especially when it comes to MLM, the devil (pardon the pun) is in the details and, more pertainately, the subtleties.  And I have to say that MLM, in someways, sort of created a new breed of tv show.  It sort of created it's own catagory, if you like.  Somehow, I can't just lump it together with the rest of the TV fare that is out there, past and present.  In many ways, there just is no comparison.

:hands4: Scott