Overlooked Gems

Rate this topic

Guest ModernDayMoriarty

I just loved the chemist Wing Ho. He is like a kind of dragon, coiled in his lair on his hoard of treasure, breathing fire over the city. He is (like Frank is in danger of becoming at this point) bitter and sick, determined to make everyone else feel his pain.

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
I just loved the chemist Wing Ho. He is like a kind of dragon, coiled in his lair on his hoard of treasure, breathing fire over the city. He is (like Frank is in danger of becoming at this point) bitter and sick, determined to make everyone else feel his pain.

Yes, excellent analogy! The way they did the lighting, keeping him in the shadows and all AND his performance was great! I'm glad you mentioned about his motivation; I was really puzzled about that, but that does make sense. I was wondering why the hell he was using the stuff himself and how it tied in with whatever the government was doing, but this may add at least a small piece to the puzzle...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MillenniumIsBliss
My other Gem, in which i am gonna watch when i wake up is Broken World and Wide Open. Two classics with unique premise

I agree, especially with Broken World. It's a true classic, and a great episode. For some reason I have a very vivid memory of watching that episode the first time. I remember it was on Friday night, and settling in with the whole weekend in front of me, and pulling a yummy thin crust pizza out of the oven shortly before it started. I remember thinking how good the episode was, especially after what I thought was a bit of a let down with "Well Worn Lock" the previous week. Man, that series was still so fresh and new and exciting at that point. I think that was only about a third of the way into season 1. Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed the series, all the way through, but it was just extra special in the beginning. As for my overlooked gems, it is hard to say which are overlooked or not, but I think Covanent falls into the category of overlooked gems for me, as well as some of the ones already mentioned. Also, the thin white line might.

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
I agree, especially with Broken World. It's a true classic, and a great episode. For some reason I have a very vivid memory of watching that episode the first time. I remember it was on Friday night, and settling in with the whole weekend in front of me, and pulling a yummy thin crust pizza out of the oven shortly before it started. I remember thinking how good the episode was, especially after what I thought was a bit of a let down with "Well Worn Lock" the previous week. Man, that series was still so fresh and new and exciting at that point. I think that was only about a third of the way into season 1. Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed the series, all the way through, but it was just extra special in the beginning. As for my overlooked gems, it is hard to say which are overlooked or not, but I think Covanent falls into the category of overlooked gems for me, as well as some of the ones already mentioned. Also, the thin white line might.

Yes, 'Broken World' had a strong visceral quality (as did a lot of MillenniuM episodes, really) VERY involving, especially showing Franks 'profiling' and it's process at work. I know it's quite obvious, but it has many similarities with the fascinating film 'Equus' (with the exception of the luscious Jenny Agutter, of course :w00t: )

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Yes, 'Broken World' had a strong visceral quality (as did a lot of MillenniuM episodes, really) VERY involving, especially showing Franks 'profiling' and it's process at work. I know it's quite obvious, but it has many similarities with the fascinating film 'Equus' (with the exception of the luscious Jenny Agutter, of course :w00t: )

Interesting, I have never seen that film. I will have to look into that. I wouldn't think the local video rental stores would carry it, so I will probably have to buy it if it looks like something I would enjoy.