"darwin's Eye"...

Rate this topic

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___

Okay I promise not to get too deep on this one : )

The episode itself was nicely put together; and I guess I can see the thought behind throwing in one episode like this to show that not bloody EVERYTHING is a conpiracy... That's fine. I didn't find the episode Earthshaking, but it was well done (as usual).

But, what I REALLY liked was the intro / teaser; I loved the use of music and narration, editing, and the feel generated by what was being said; it was beautiful. And ONLY in this one tiny aspect did it strongly remind me of almost the exact same mood in the intro / teaser for "Anamnesis" which I have probably mentioned repeatedly is my favorite episode (RavenWolf is probably rolling in her grave about now... Oh, wait a minute, she's not dead yet... sorry... J/K there : )

So that's it; not terribly monumental, but the similarity really struck me...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Okay I promise not to get too deep on this one : )

The episode itself was nicely put together; and I guess I can see the thought behind throwing in one episode like this to show that not bloody EVERYTHING is a conpiracy... That's fine. I didn't find the episode Earthshaking, but it was well done (as usual).

But, what I REALLY liked was the intro / teaser; I loved the use of music and narration, editing, and the feel generated by what was being said; it was beautiful. And ONLY in this one tiny aspect did it strongly remind me of almost the exact same mood in the intro / teaser for "Anamnesis" which I have probably mentioned repeatedly is my favorite episode (RavenWolf is probably rolling in her grave about now... Oh, wait a minute, she's not dead yet... sorry... J/K there : )

So that's it; not terribly monumental, but the similarity really struck me...

Yes, I agree, this episode is very well done and I find myself watching it fairly often. I agree with the music and naration in the beginning and the whole feel of the episode. I also would have included the blond from that episode in my "hottest chicks in Millennium" poll, but I forgot about her and my poll was based only on S1 and S2 sense it was done before the S3 DVD arrived. The episode had some great writting, acting, and visual scenes, and I like the side story about Emma and her father that is folded into the story. It had a pretty crazy ending too. I forget her name, but the blond chick also does a really really nice job of acting in the episode. I have seen her in a few other small TV roles as well. In fact, I saw her very recently, but forgot what she was in. Maybe it was a Law and Order or Without a Trace. Also, there was a classic one liner in eposode. After Baldwin discovers the severed head, Emma comments to Frank that Barry "Wasn't his usual suave self" and Frank replies "Yeah, he just had a head trama". A rare bit of humor by Frank.

Yes, I agree, this episode is very well done and I find myself watching it fairly often. I agree with the music and naration in the beginning and the whole feel of the episode. I also would have included the blond from that episode in my "hottest chicks in Millennium" poll, but I forgot about her and my poll was based only on S1 and S2 sense it was done before the S3 DVD arrived. The episode had some great writting, acting, and visual scenes, and I like the side story about Emma and her father that is folded into the story. It had a pretty crazy ending too. I forget her name, but the blond chick also does a really really nice job of acting in the episode. I have seen her in a few other small TV roles as well. In fact, I saw her very recently, but forgot what she was in. Maybe it was a Law and Order or Without a Trace. Also, there was a classic one liner in eposode. After Baldwin discovers the severed head, Emma comments to Frank that Barry "Wasn't his usual suave self" and Frank replies "Yeah, he just had a head trama". A rare bit of humor by Frank.

Great comments! I hafta go back and see the blond though!!! :tasty:

• 4 years later...

She also played the girl pregnant with the snakes in the season seven X-Files episode "Signs and Wonders," Another episode to give you the creeps !!!

The episode was a nice break from the conspiracy stuff in the surrounding episodes, but only after all was said and done in the episode.