Season 2 Trivia And References

Rate this topic

Guest Theo Hiswrae

I guess today it wouldn't even be an issue would it? I watched the DVD extras for "X-Files: I Want To Believe" recently and was facinated to see them turn day into night and a clear sky into a snow blizzard. When you watch the film it's barely evident that these were effects shots and you would never have had a clue had it not been pointed out to you in the extras.

I would imagine technological advances have given the production teams these days the ability to set an episode wherever and whenever they want and if the climatic conditions are right they can be edited in later.

Thank you so much for taking the time to point out the discrepancies. It has been a very informative read.

Eth

Hey Eth,

I've been to the glacier they filmed that part of the film on, and it's extraordinarily beautiful. And you're right, if 1013 had had all the tools at hand today, they could have done whatever was needed to get it right. And thank you. It's a pleasure to share anything about my Home. Any time you want to visit, I'll give you the grand tour bigsmile.gif

Guest Theo Hiswrae

Hi Everyone! I apologize for clogging up this thread. However, I am very happy to share some good news.

Today The Old Man accepted my 2nd. submission for new info/background/trivia in an episode profile! (the 1st is a 1013 ref. in MLM#113)

This submission is for MLM#220 "A Room With No View". Here is the addition:

At approx 0:20 minutes, Landon Bryce names his new cell mate "Ben Gunn". I knew I recognized it, and after rifling my book shelves came up with the answer: Ben Gunn is the name of a marooned pirate that Jim Hawkins encounters in Robert Louis Stevenson's novel 'Treasure Island'.

Credit: Theo Mistwein, June 20th 2010

I know it's not a monumental find; however, I'm proud to be a member of TIWWA, and honored to make even a small contribution to the Group's fantastic reference database.

Many Thanks to everyone who keeps TIWWA strong ouro.gif

Yours In Sanity,

Theo

Congratulations and welcome to the merry band of obsessives who pour over every episode in great depth looking for the references, in-jokes and caveats. I promise you you are amongst friends.

I recall 4thHorseman being a particularly eagle eyed viewer when it came to things like this and I am sure a great many of the ones we are aware of as fans are down to his hard work in discovering them.

I hope you continue this fine tradition and keep us all marvelling at how clever those writers really were. :clapping:

Eth

• Like 1

Guest Theo Hiswrae

Congratulations and welcome to the merry band of obsessives who pour over every episode in great depth looking for the references, in-jokes and caveats. I promise you you are amongst friends.

I recall 4thHorseman being a particularly eagle eyed viewer when it came to things like this and I am sure a great many of the ones we are aware of as fans are down to his hard work in discovering them.

I hope you continue this fine tradition and keep us all marvelling at how clever those writers really were. :clapping:

Eth

Old Man, Eth, Thank You both very much! I'm honored to be in such fine company. ouroborous.gif

It's a rewarding challenge to parse out things the writers have hidden within the warp and weft of the story arc...MM is so dense and well-written in terms of dialog; and there is such a wealth of solid research that went into each episode. It's no wonder that we are gathered here to pay tribute to arguably one the best television dramas ever produced.

Thanks again,

Theo