The Curse of Frank Black

Rate this topic

Guest dylan1371

Guest dylan1371
Simply one of the best.  I love the mood, I love the fact that it happens on Halloween.  I love all the symbolism.

Guest Polaroid Stalker

Without a doubt, "The Curse of Frank Black" is the second-best episode of MillenniuM ever, surpassed only by "The Time is Now." :ouro:

6 "268" references out of 5!!!

Stephen T.P.S. :ouro:  :cool:  :ouro:

• 1 month later...
Guest TheSunKing1972
Yup, I agree, this is a top notch episode :thumbsup_big: I do have one problem with it though...that would be Frank telling Jordan "there's no such thing as ghosts", but then again, that's what the episode was about...Franks trying to deny what he knows is there  :frank_black:

• Elders (Admins)

Hhhm, to be honest I think he did what any parent would do and 'try' and put the childs mind at rest...

When they are old enough, they'll find out the hard way!  :ghostface:

Graham.

Guest TheSunKing1972

Yeah, I understand that Graham...

But the whole episode is about him denying that "ghosts" are there....and his curse, atleast in this episode....is telling him not to deny it....."Why should it be thought a thing incredible with you, that God should raise the dead?" Acts 26:8

Besides, Jordan knew what was what.... remember she saw angels.....ok, I'll stop before I over analyse......hehe  :rofl:

• 5 weeks later...

I thought... "The Curse of Frank Black" was one of the most well-written... well-produced...well-acted works of art that ever graced the t.v. screen!  I totaly understood why it began with Frank saying "There's no such things as ghosts."

This was a part of the back bone of the premise of the entire series!  Franks journy!

~Raven Wolf

"It's... amusing.  Although I'm not sure I'm comfortable with the tone."

Just kidding!  I this is an great episode.  One of the best.  I love the little humourous moments strung throughout the episode as well.  And some really cute ones.

Just a bear few examples... The beginning with the black cat on a windy night, with almost wistling wind.  Then the way they shoot the initial views of "a person" with a knife with something dripping of the knife!  Then we have the moment when Frank is leaving his house and the kids are approching him.  He laughs then tells them to wait, smiling and exited - and it freaks the kids a bit!  LOL!  Great!  This is just a bear minimum of examples!  The episode is full of them!

I love the music also.  Really is perfect.  And the whole breezy fall/Halloween night - this fit the episode perfectly!  And they did a great job of keeping that feel thru the entire episode!

I love the review of Franks life that goes on.  I think it really highlights the whole "modern story of Job" theme that SunKing and I have both seen and discussed before.

The basement and house scenes are great!  And, how bout' the little M&W in joke with the person dressed up as one of the enemy aliens in Space: Above & Beyond, and won't give Frank the time of day, let alone acknowledge him!  LOL!  "You look like a cellphone."  LOL!

And I think the entire episode is really well put together.  They really did a great job of keeping all the subtle and not so subtle "conincendences" and happenstances flowing, without it seeming far fetched or awkward.

"Here's to you, Mr. 1013 Episode Writer!"  (you can hear the guy singing "Mr. 1013 Episode Writer" in the background...

:hands3:

Ps.  Yes, I also watch this one every Halloween (as well as 13 Years Later).

Guest MSandt
Yap. Just finished watching it for the first time since -99 (thank God for the internet) and boy it was an excellent episode. One of the best. Lance Henriksen did a suberp job. I just loved that scene where he started throwing those eggs:tasty:

Yes... the egg throwing scene was one of my favorites... and let me say that... though it may sound crazy to some... it kinda reminded me of "It's A Wonderful Life".  That scene, and realy... the whole episode in general!  It was like a Halloween version of "It's A Wonderful Life"!

~Erin (Raven Wolf) :frank_black: