The Curse of Frank Black

Rate this topic

Guest dylan1371

Guest benny

When i watched the curse of frank black I just remember thinking poor guy no one wants to take my candy poor old frank the guy just cant catch a break

benny

• 10 years later...

My favorite episode by a mile, and that's saying something. First of all, I love slow burners and they're rare indeed in shows. I mean, there's plenty of episodes of various shows that dial down the action, but episodes that almost completely shut down for the sake of suspense... I just love it. I choose to regard the abundance of ACTS 268 as synchronicity gone bananas, a metaphysical disturbance foreshadowing the apparition of Crocell.

Wikipedia on Crocell:

In demonology, Crocell (also called Crokel or Procell) is the 49th spirit of the Goetia, manifesting as an angel with a tendency to speak in dark and mysterious ways. Once a member of the Powers, he is now a Duke of Hell who rules over 48 legions of demons. When summoned by a conjuror, he can teach geometry and other liberal sciences. He can also warm bodies of water, create the illusion of the sound of rushing waters, and reveal the location of natural baths. He is associated with water.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crocell

• Like 1

You're in a lot of company.  Many fans say this is their favorite, and I agree, it is an awesome episode.  And I doubt if anyone has made the connection with Crocell.  Awesome find.  It's one example that shows us the research they put into this show and what made it so exceptionally good.  Aren't we all glad he refused to become Mr. Crocell?

Being a spiritual person myself, I really appreciate the info you posted.  Thanks.