Transcript help

Rate this topic

Libby

• Elders (Moderators)

I've got three queries in this episode. I've use square brackets to show where the problems are. Where I can, I've put in what I think it sounds like. Elsewhere I've just used dots to indicate a gap.

1. Scene 1 - In Frank’s house, when Roedecker is starting to work on Frank’s problem of the phone calls.

ROEDECKER: So, what type of calls are these. Are they like phone card solicitations or are they like the [“do you have Prince Albert on a can”] variety or are they like a guy breathing, you know, treating themselves.

2. Scene in Center for Infectious Diseases, the doctor briefing the cops, etc.

GINELLI: There’s no way I go chasing some toxic [….] until I get a straight answer. What’s with this guy?

3. Scene where Frank surprises Knox in his cab. This query is about what Knox says at the beginning of this scene when he leaves the taxi office.

KNOX: All right, I’ll catch up with you guys at the [hoe] tonight.

Any ideas?

Libby

Guest ein042

Hi,

Me again, afraid all I can help with is the "Prince Albert in a can" bit. It refers to 'Prank calls'.

Kids used to call & say, "Do you have Prince Albert(tobacco I think)in a can?"

people would say yeah and they would say "Well let him out" an hang up.

Yeah I'm old enough to remember that :(

Not sure about the rest, sorry.

• Elders (Moderators)

Thanks, Bonnie. I've never heard of the "Prince Albert" thing. It's really odd to hear a piece of dialogue quite clearly, as in this case, but for it to make no sense at all. I did quite a lot of googling to try and find out what the heck Roedecker was talking about but found nothing, so it was really beginning to bug me.

I can stop scratching my head about this line now.  :D

Thanks,

Libby

Guest ein042

Libby,

No Prob. Good luck with the transcription. Wish I had the episode in question to refresh my memory. Like a lot of people I'm still waiting for the DVD. Not even sure if it will have the 2nd season, if it ever comes to be.